Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest7049

Coarse fishing?

Guest guest7049

Is there any decent coarse fishing around Adelaide or is it all sea fishing?

Cheers

Baz

Its mostly sea fishing there is the river murray which is full of carp and I think if you catch a carp in the murray its against the law to put it back there are known as pests here.I am sure ther will be a few places about you will be able to fish

Guest Squareman

Carp is regarded as a pest in the US and many parts of Africa. They don't play nicely with other fish.........

Guest Damien

There's loads of coarse fishing about. As lorluc says, the South Australian Freshwater Angling Association (SAFWAA) is cheap to join (about $25 I think) and has access to loads of dams with redfin, carp, natives, trout etc. There's also the Torrens and the carp ponds by the Onk to name but a few. Just remember carp and redfin mustn't be returned, there are big fines if you get caught.

Log onto strikehook.com, there's a freshwater section on there that is really good and lads from SAFWAA get on there a lot.

Hope this helps,

Damo

Guest guest7049

Thanks for the replies guys, will have a look at the link cheers.

Guest Damien

Just remember those rules about carp and perch (redfin) sparkesy. I know my workmates in the city patrol the area a heck of a lot and it will hit your back pocket if you return noxious spp. When I was in the UK I'd never dream of killing any coarse fish but the rules are there for a bloody good reason.

Damo