sueoc

Uk dvds and players.

Hiya,

If you are about to migrate here and are bringing over your precious DVD collection,then i would like to recommend bringing with them your DVD Players,as you may well find it a problem playing them here,due to regional differences.Also,i buy lots of DVDS of TV series,Documentaries etc i love from Amazon UK ,many of which i simply can't get here,and which,even with postage are still amazingly cheap!It really was a wise decision to pack our UK DVD players when we came here(Worth their weight in Gold)Just a little recommendation!:wink:

You can get region free dvd players which should play all dvds. You can also unlock your dvd player with a code lots of sites will give you the code if you tell them make and model number

DVD region codes are controlled by business and not the law therefore there is nothing to stop you changing your DVD player to region 0, which means it will play any region. To do this you use your remote control supplied with your DVD player and it involves pressing the buttons in a certain sequence. To find the sequence for your DVD just go to this site http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks and put in the make and model of your player.

Peter

Guest cornish Busdriver
    DVD region codes are controlled by business and not the law therefore there is nothing to stop you changing your DVD player to region 0, which means it will play any region. To do this you use your remote control supplied with your DVD player and it involves pressing the buttons in a certain sequence. To find the sequence for your DVD just go to this site http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks and put in the make and model of your player.

Peter

Great advice just what i was gonna say lol lol

Guest loopylisa

Wish I'd known that before I choose not to ship my DVD's. Oh well they were all girly films anyway sure Mr Loopy wouldnt have sat through any of them! And they are going to a good home now

Guest guest3462

We got a region 0 DVD player from dick smith for $30. It's in the kids lounge so they can watch their DVDs from oz and ones sent over from grandparents and it plays better quality than our expensive one lol!

My X-box that I bought over here is region free, once we realised this, we just got rid of the DVD player, as it was just taking up extra space...