Guest casobelle

Adelaide bound!

Guest casobelle

Hi, I've just been offered a fabulous job in Adelaide and am planning to emigrate from the UK with my daughter and mum. Would love to know all about the area, schools, househunting, things for kids to get involved with (daughter is 5). Job is in Blackwood/Flagstaff. Any advice much appreciated. Looking forward to being there!

Hi and welcome - my advice would be to search the forum using the search facility - just put in schools and you'll get loads of info put in an area and you'll get the same result loads of info. Once you've done that I would then post your questions.

Good luck everyone is really helpful even those from Yorkshire .... Lol

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.855187,-3.012028

It's a new thing on Tapatalk - do you think it's off putting?

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.855102,-3.012079

Truthfully, yes, somewhat. Its also a bit of a concern in you are telling the world where you are.

Personally, I always turn all that stuff off and don't post it. I don't get the need to tell people my exact co-ordinates where I am and do get fed up seeing it in status on FB or Twitter etc.

From a mod POV I'd say be inclined to turn it off for the forum as each time you post, it includes a link and that may get confusing or annoying for others reading your posts.

Hi, I've just been offered a fabulous job in Adelaide and am planning to emigrate from the UK with my daughter and mum. Would love to know all about the area, schools, househunting, things for kids to get involved with (daughter is 5). Job is in Blackwood/Flagstaff. Any advice much appreciated. Looking forward to being there!

Hi casobelle, just wondering how u managed to get a job while still offshoer, kindly share this might be of good help for us, it can be great to move to Oz when u already got a job.