tean

Margaret Tobin Centre

Hello there Mental health nurses! Anyone have experience of working in the Margaret Tobin Centre?

I would love to hear your experiences and advice, as I start there in October!!

Thanks

Guest Daisy Duke

Hi there,

I'm a Mental Health Nurse working in one of the intermediate care centres. What can I say. It's probably one of the best places I have worked. The team have welcomed me so much, the environment is lovely and I don't go home at the end of a shift with knots in my shoulders like I did in the UK. Going to work is a pleasure here (apart from when the weather is lovely), but that's to be expected. They are all very supportive and keen to hear my ideas etc which is great. I feel very fortunate to have been placed in such a fab environment.

I know of the Margaret Tobin Centre (I think the client group is acute?), but not sure, but I don't know anything else about it to comment. I will put my feelers out for you. Feel free to message me or even meet up when you get here.

Good luck with all your planning. It seems like it goes on and on at times, but before you know it you will be here. By the way, Oct is a good time to arrive as weather will be v nice!

Guest loopylisa

Oh I have applied for a job as a support worker at immediate care centre in queenstown. Like the positive feedback you give. Fingers crossed eh

Thanks Daisy! All sounds very encouraging, which is what I want to hear. Definitely have to have a meet up, there are a few other nurses who are keen to do so. I fancied the intermediate care, is that at Glenside?

Excited at the challenges that lie ahead;-)

Guest princesspumpkin8
    Hello there Mental health nurses! Anyone have experience of working in the Margaret Tobin Centre?

I would love to hear your experiences and advice, as I start there in October!!

Thanks

Hi.

So is that at queenstown with the orientation on the 24th oct? congrates so what will be u job role?. Great to wk with the goverment. you must be excited.

Guest princesspumpkin8

Hey...I 2 have applied there....Have u recived any info as to wether u got the job?