Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rachael

Wages for welders

Guest Rachael

Does anyone know what sort of wages welders can expect to receive in Adelaide? My husband does this and am trying to find out how much he would earn per hour/year. :)

Guest Aussiebound
    Does anyone know what sort of wages welders can expect to receive in Adelaide? My husband does this and am trying to find out how much he would earn per hour/year. :)

HI

Are in process of applying for visa, have spoke to a few companies in the Adelaide area, they have both said to expect between $24 - $27 per hour + penalties (Overtime rate). Some companies offer fly in fly out jobs (3 weeks on, 3 weeks off) and pay $100,000 - $150,000 per annum. These where for companies within the Adelaide Metro area.

What stage are you at, we are just completing forms for TRA with Go Matilda.

Guest Rachael

Hi

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, thanks for the reply. We have just signed up with a local agent to start the TRA process. Very early days. We contacted Go Matilda but didn't hear back so have gone with agent in Bournemouth.

Rachael :D

Guest jen/nee

Hi Rachael

We are doing it on our own with help from the forum. We just feel that it is alot of money and I only work partime so have alot of time to surf the net and run around getting all the relevant info required. The money we are saving will pay for our flights.

I have printed the forms of the web and they look fairly straightforward .

To be honest I'm looking forward to it.

How are you finding it.

Jen :):)

Guest Aussiebound
    Hi

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, thanks for the reply. We have just signed up with a local agent to start the TRA process. Very early days. We contacted Go Matilda but didn't hear back so have gone with agent in Bournemouth.

Rachael :D

Hi Rachel

Strange Go Matilda didn't contact you, they where one of the first companies to get back to us - and we rang a lot!!!!

What is the name of the agent you have gone with - there are so many we didn't really know where to start.

We have just about completed the TRA application, will be sending it off in the next month - I hope!

Will be nice to have contact with another couple applying through TRA with trade of Welder.

keep in touch

Sarah

Guest jen/nee

Hi Rachael

It must be nice having your family going with you. I have a 28 year old daughter who is having my 1st grandchild in July, also she is not speaking with her stepfather so I am trying so hard to build bridges but nothing as yet. So it will be hard but I have my other children to think off who are 12 and 9 and the world is getting smaller I guess.

I sat last nite and photo copied all the docs that are required passports birth certificates application fornm TRA form med form police checks so I have to a little mor work getting mine and O/H previous wedding certs and can't find my divorce papers so have to get another set of them. Awaiting City and Guilds which is nearly 10 days and nothing watch for the postman. Thats before we have sent any applications off lol. :):)

Cheers

Jenny

Guest Rachael

A lot on your plate at the moment then. Very admirable to be doing it yourself as well as having troubles with family too. My Husband has just started speaking to his mum and dad after no communication for a few months(complicated family troubles meant they sort of drifted apart) but we haven't told them we're going yet. Also my brother is going round telling everyone we're going whilst my Mum and Dad would prefer to keep if quiet for now. But being the annoying 27 year old that he is, he doesn't care what they think.

Family! Can't live with them, can't live without them either.

All the best for your application and family troubles, I know what's like!

Rachael. :)

Guest Aussiebound

Hiya

Families ey!!! :roll:

We are going to Oz on our own (me, husband and 2 children) with no other family there and no-one we know! :(

My familiy have been very supportive and don't blame us for going, husbands parents are older and although are 100% behind us going, they have said they have no intention of coming over to visit which has obviously been hard on him but he knows we have to do this for our own children now.

Nothing in life is easy is it - we just keep thinking about whats at the end of all these forms!

Rachel, you say you are a Primary teacher, when you get to Oz and you have a job, keep me in my mind if any teaching assistant vacancies come up!

:D:D

Sarah

Guest jen/nee

Hey we have to call ourselves the welder wives lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Jen

Guest Rachael

Yeah, We'll have to meet up, at least the men will have something in common! :lol:

I'll definitely keep an eye out for TA jobs (I'll be needing one for a start, can't live without my TA). Am not sure how much teaching I'll be doing as the idea is that we'll be able to live without me working so that I can stay at home and have babies! :lol: I'll definitely teach to start with though, might look to do someones maternity cover or supply.

Looks like we all might be arriving at around the same time.

Rachael.

Guest jen/nee

Hi Got in from work today and my O/H city 7 guilds cert has arrived 1 step nearer. Just getting the rest together.

Hope to TRA off in next couple of weeks

Jen

Guest Rachael

Hi

Nearly there on TRA then, wish we were. Had our welcome pack from our migration agent today, so just started filling in everything. Husband is attempting to type it and I come along afterwards and check it makes sense!! :lol:

It's a bit difficult cos he's not great with standard English and describing his job in a detailed and suitable way and I know nothing about welding so its a bit of a team effort.

Will be glad when this bits done although will be worrying about it until we hear back again.

Rachael. :D