New to site and awaiting State Sponsorship outcome!!!

Guest Helchops

Guest Helchops

Hi all,

We thought it was appropriate hop across from the Poms in Oz site (where we have been a member since April when our migration process started) because we have lodged our State sponsorship for South Australia.

We lodged on the 16th August and they received and registered our supporting documents on the 23rd August.

We now have started the nervous wait along with many others on this site.

What waiting times have people been experiencing since the State sponsorship opened on 12th July? especially those who have found out in the last week or two?

Thanks

Carlie, Dan and Helena

Guest Helchops

Thanks ozdreamsa

We're worried as our agent who submitted our SS had a bereavement on the day she sent it and the application looks a bit sparse from what we can see online.

For example, in the 200 word boxes that ask for our reasons to move to SA the agent used about 70 words in each box of the 1800 we actually wrote on why we wanted to go! Also, she spelt one of my middle names incorrectly!! Argh!

Also, I can't see any information on job research that the agent was meant to put in (I'm a secondary school teacher) and am worried that they will reject the application on the grounds we haven't supplied enough information.

We just feel like we've been short changed, as if we'd have done it ourselves, it would have been filled with words!

Any thoughts or ideas? Can we contact SA and change/amend our application?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hiya :D

You know my thoughts on your agent (and I would so be asking for a refund now!) already, but you should be able to contact SA and say you did have an agent, but they have obviously b*ggered it all up, so can you remove the agent from the application, and basically can they withdraw it totally so you can re-submit - that would probably be easier than amending your application, however if you call them to ask they may be able to give you definates (sometimes you can't amend, you can only bin and start again, sometimes its easy to amend with these things).

Good luck hun, fingers crossed for you! :D

Guest Helchops

Thanks Adelaide_bound, i have just posted this in another thread to highlight the problem more clearly, we have emailed the SA SS and are hoping for a response, i am almost inclined to stay up and call them so i can get this problem sorted asap!!!

We hope that it does not hurt our chances of SS, these migration agents are supposed to have experience in these things and we want to trust what she has done, but to us if your given an 800 word space you want to use it all not use 3/8's of it!!!

you mentioned your thoughts on our agent, what are they???

Thanks

Carlie, Dan and Helena

Guest helene73
Thanks ozdreamsa

We're worried as our agent who submitted our SS had a bereavement on the day she sent it and the application looks a bit sparse from what we can see online.

For example, in the 200 word boxes that ask for our reasons to move to SA the agent used about 70 words in each box of the 1800 we actually wrote on why we wanted to go! Also, she spelt one of my middle names incorrectly!! Argh!

Also, I can't see any information on job research that the agent was meant to put in (I'm a secondary school teacher) and am worried that they will reject the application on the grounds we haven't supplied enough information.

We just feel like we've been short changed, as if we'd have done it ourselves, it would have been filled with words!

Any thoughts or ideas? Can we contact SA and change/amend our application?

Now I filled in a form and not much at all of what I wrote was put on my SS, I posted about this at the time and was advised to re do it if I wasn't happy which I did, I was under the impression that you fill out the form they write you a great SS application but having spoken with others it's not the case they just start you off and you go from there especially showing you have backed up your research.

Good luck :)

---

-

Guest Adelaide_bound
T

you mentioned your thoughts on our agent, what are they???

What I said in my email to you (this is Hilary from emailing :wave: hello! :D) about whilst I understand her loss, at the end of the day the company is providing you with a service and if they can't provide that they should either find someone who can or refund you, or just get over it and do the work they have been paid to do (ala Rob).

Guest Helchops

Hi there Helene73,

We wrote 1800 word essay for our agent to use on our SS form but she has only used 300 words out of 800 available on the online application!

Do you know anyway that we can edit our application - ours is now submitted! How did you edit yours?

Thanks

Carlie, Dan and Helena

Guest helene73
Hi there Helene73,

We wrote 1800 word essay for our agent to use on our SS form but she has only used 300 words out of 800 available on the online application!

Do you know anyway that we can edit our application - ours is now submitted! How did you edit yours?

Thanks

Carlie, Dan and Helena

Hi your agent should have given you a tracking number and your pass word and let you check your application, I just logged in and changed it then emailed her to check it and ask if should add this and that.

Like I said they just start it to get you going your supposed to do the rest before it's submitted. Unfortunately now it's submitted you can't change it :( The main thing they are looking for is that you have done your research and can back it up with things like web addresses etc as long as this was in you should be fine, try not to worry, I have to do mine again as 3 weeks in they filled the occupational quotas for hairdressing so I got the boot lol it's a set back but I have a second chance to make my app perfect this time :)

---

-

Guest Helchops

Thanks to those that responded!!!

We stayed up and spoke to SA early hours of this morning and they proof read our application. They said what was there was enough and first hand meaningful research, apparently the section at the bottom (where you have to declare where you have researched about jobs) our agent filled in and apparently is sufficient once again.

They said there was no need to edit anything but the name and was hocked that we wanted to write the maximum word count in each box!

Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!

Carlie, Dan and Helena