Guest loopylisa

couples insurance

Guest loopylisa

Hi

My partner has health insurance for just himself in Adelaide and as I will be there in 2 weeks he has been looking into how much it would cost to have me put on the health insurance. He told me he got quoted over double for two of us about $190 per month. Does this sound right? or should I urge him to look elsewhere? is this possible to shop around for health insurance like it is with car insurance?

I am with Medibank private , premium for a couple is double that for a single, but family cover is the same as couple cover no matter how many children under 18

Guest loopylisa

Mmmm medibank sounds good as oneday far far far in the future we are planning to add miniature loopys to the deal.

Its all depends on what cover you want..... we have Extras with Mutual Community which covers dental, optical, occupational therapies and we can add extra services when we need them (after a wiring period!). we pay $42 a month for this,

Dan

might be more than double if you're including pregnancy cover (I'm guessing he probably didn't have that in his previous deal...).

How long has he been with the fund? if you stick with the same fund you might be able to get them to waive the waiting times for you since you're just arriving in the country (They do that sometimes, for example lots of the corporate deals do that for new arrivals into the country).

Guest loopylisa

The couples insurance he got quoted didnt include pregnancy cover but not too worried about that atm. He has been with them most of his adult working life. He did say that if i got included on it I would get the waiting period waived so I guess thats worth a bit