ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

Medicals booked in for next week, should have the police forms off tomorrow....

Zeb/Paul/Joseph, did you guys go for the standard 10 day police check or the fast track? Did the 10 day service take the full 10?

Cheers!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DingDangDoo

Network Administrator gone to low guys what a nightmare! Had a feeling it would happen.

Im just posting the docs off today,is there even any point? Anyone know if low stays for a while?

Its hard to say, systems administrator went from low to special conditions in just over a week. I think it fell from medium to low quite quickly too, but it was very popular...

Whereas primary school teacher has been at low for a couple of months now.

It's just down to how popular the occupation is.

Maybe the fact it was at medium for so long might be a good sign?

The SA site shows what date they're processing apps from, so could give an indication as to how fast they're processing and when yours gets picked up:-

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

Just gotta try!

Have you sent them off already? courier?

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi Gaz, ya i sent them by currier wednesday morning. What will be will be :-)

I might check out the other state sol lists and see if they have network admin or sys admin.

Surely ACS could re-assess me under sys admin as i know some of the guys here did this when

sys admin went off the list.

Guest paultozer
Medicals booked in for next week, should have the police forms off tomorrow....

Zeb/Paul/Joseph, did you guys go for the standard 10 day police check or the fast track? Did the 10 day service take the full 10?

Cheers!

I went with the standard service. My wifes took a week, mine was the full 10 days.

Awesome news Paul, well done! DDD - I originally went sys admin, and then got network admin on the same reference, so the opposite way should work. I don't think either are on the general lists though. Fingers crossed the low status holds steady - pretty sure there is a good chance it will.

Oh, and I did the normal police check btw, no fast track.

Guest gaz77

Thanks zeb, we went for the 10 day service in the end and got it back in about 6! Lucky I guess.

Well, all our docs are in inc meds and police so just the final wait now.....feels so close!

Joseph, did you manage to sort out your points / uni degree issue?

DDD, has your docs reached SA now?

Guest DingDangDoo

Hey Gaz, my docs reacher SS on the 6th March. When i log in it currently reads

[TABLE]

[TR=class: head]

[TH=colspan: 2]Application Process[/TH]

[TH=class: date]Milestone Date[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Online Application Completed & Submitted[/TD]

[TD]01 Mar 2012[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office [/TD]

[TD] 06 Mar 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Will i see another line appear underneath this in a few days letting me know the process has started or how does it work?

Guest gaz77

The next line for me was application decision, granted!

Some people have had an extra stage of decision not yet made or something, then the decision made not long after.

Just check the SA site to see what date they're processing apps from. When it gets to or close to 6 march someone will be picking yours up soon. Mine was completed a few days after the processing date matched or was close to my all docs received date.

Hope everything works out! :)

Guest gaz77

Thanks guys, hoping to move out around aug/sept this year. Going to celebrate for a few days before resuming the stress!

So just DDD and Joseph now? Can't believe Joseph has to get his uni degree assessed, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

How's the planning going for you guys?

Zeb, you're doing a recon first eh?

Paul, you going soon?

Thanks guys, hoping to move out around aug/sept this year. Going to celebrate for a few days before resuming the stress!

So just DDD and Joseph now? Can't believe Joseph has to get his uni degree assessed, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

How's the planning going for you guys?

Zeb, you're doing a recon first eh?

Paul, you going soon?

Aye, wife and me are out there at the start of June - 10 day trip just to check it out and make a final decision. I've lined up a few recruitment agency interviews and I expect we'll look at rental prices and generally explore.

All being well, permanent move Oct \ Nov.

Guest paultozer
Aye, wife and me are out there at the start of June - 10 day trip just to check it out and make a final decision. I've lined up a few recruitment agency interviews and I expect we'll look at rental prices and generally explore.

All being well, permanent move Oct \ Nov.

Going to validate in October.

Zeb, if you don't mind me asking how did you go about lining up interviews, and which agencies?

Well, I've found that since having the Visa, when I've emailed for jobs I am getting more responses and I've just been striking up a dialouge with the agencies via that. Hays has been very good and I have a chat arranged with them, and so far I've also spoken to Hudson and Finite.

My plan is to apply for a whole heap of jobs during May as I can say I'll be out there in June.

Had a few weeks of cold feet actually, but getting back into it. Ordered some maps of Oz and have been just getting to learn the different bits. I cut out a same scale UK to place over our big Australia map - it's quite awe insprising. Even South Australia gobbles up the UK about three times....let alone the rest of it.

Guest DingDangDoo

Arrived in Adelaide yesterday, low and behold the accomodation that i booked is 2 doors down from the carrington street office where my app is being assessed :-) Maybe i should pop in tomm and see how its progressing :-)

Guest joseph1801

Congratulations gaz - great news.

We are looking at 8-12 weeks processing time for the vetassess letter. How the hell can it take that long? Beginning to wonder now whether we'll get processed before 1st July and what happens after that.

Enjoy Oz DDD. We were there in Nov 2009 and loved the relaxed atmosphere and half empty roads! :smile:

Guest gaz77

Thanks Joseph,

can't believe that timescale either!

My understanding was that if you lodged before July, you'd get processed as per the current rules. Hopefully someone else can confirm?

Perhaps its explained somewhere on diac site?

Guest joseph1801

cheers mate. yeah, just found this..........

[h=3]What happens if I lodge a visa before 1 July 2012?[/h]If you lodged a visa application prior to 1 July 2012, it will be processed according to the priority processing direction in effect at the time your visa application is processed.

You can also submit an EOI in SkillSelect. This would allow employers and state or territory governments to view your details which may increase the chances of obtaining a skilled visa.

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi Guys,

This is an update on my app:

Application Decision Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application.

Is this normal?

Thanks Guys

Guest gaz77

Hi ddd

I've heard some people get that (i didn't..), but either way I believe a decision is very soon! :cool:

I think I saw someone get this and got their final result within a week or a few days...maybe one of the others has more info...

How's Adelaide by the way? Are you staying there long or travelling around? Have you managed to line up an ielts?