Guest markv

Different size shipping containers

Guest markv

Hi All

Havnt been on for a while, would just like to know can anyone tell me if there are different size ccontainers that you can use, because we are going to buy all new furniture and stuff when we get there. So we only need a small container to take out personel stuff and my tools of the trade.

Regards

markv :P:wacko::err:

Hi Mark,

yes to your question you can get different sized containers or you can share a container. We are still in this process so this is as much as I can tell you just now. But I'm sure others can help more, who have already done this.

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Guys we are just about to book a 20' container which is the smallest this holds 1100cubic feet, you can share one , you will then pay for each cubic foot you use , we have been told that when you reach about 600-700 cubic feet the cost is much the same as a whole sole use container so then it maybe makes the single use container is a better option. Also having you own container gives you more flexibility on time scales as if you have the container to fill and share it might take some time for it to fill up. Hope this makes sense. Cheers Graham

We have PSS coming in next week to pack most of our worldly posessions.

In the end we decided to go for the sole use of a 20ft container as according to the estimate our belongings came to just under 200 cubic foot short of the container capacity. So we could always stuff in a bit more.

As has been said previously the sole use of a container does mean it will arrive quicker as there is no delay in waiting to fill the extra capacity or off-loading on route. We've been quoted 7-8 weeks to arrival in Adelaide, compared with up to 12 weeks for a shared load.

Hope you find this useful.

Paul.

Guest DiP

Yeah you can have full containers, half loads or part loads. They are all the same size but as the name suggests you share them with either one other of a few other people. It's good to buy new here and they have Ikea so all us Europeans feel at home but a word of caution. it's a very empty big house without your personal possessions around you. Replacing everything with new is great fun but it quickly adds up. Part containers can take longer to arrive our promised 10-12 weeks took 16! Imagine doing without a good set of pots and pans and a washing machine for four months!!! If you can't do without it for 4 months it's not worth bringing because your going to have to buy replacements anyway. We loved it when all of our food processor, toasted sarnie maker and smoothy maker etc arrived. They are the things that you don't NEED but it's good to have them. Get a few quotes in andanve for shipping if you have time, lot of differrence between them, apart from the time scale Pickfords were excellent. Door to door service by the same company. Hope this helps...

Guest DiP

Don't believe the date thing, plan for it to take longer, much longer in some cases. Ours took 4 months and I was running out of knickers!