Guest rolo

Bricky jobs??

Guest rolo

Hoping to move to Adelaide as a bricklayer. I have looked at various Australian job sites and can't find any bricklaying jobs. Is there any out there? Can anyone help??

Rolo

Its dead just now the only adverts for bricklayers in the papers are bricklayers looking for work.Not a lot of work about just now

Guest Weez

sorry but no jobs.......well there was one a couple of weeks ago which 150 brickies applied for!! dead here :sad:

like anything, if you are good at your job and work hard you'll do good

yes this is normally the case but sorry i dont think this applys to the bricklaying situation at the moment..... as weez said 150 people for 1 job u cant tell me thats 150 **** brickies out of work???? most of the tradies are doing it tough at the moment :0( fingers crossed it will pick up soon....

Jo

Guest Damien
    like anything, if you are good at your job and work hard you'll do good

Err, with respect, you've obviously never worked as a brickie in Adelaide then

Guest hulltigers

yer just make some calls when you get here, when i arrived here 2 years ago i didnt have as much work as i have now, we have houses to build in halndorf,aldgate, 2 townhouses in unley, 5 units in valley view and still getting calls to go price jobs up.. all depends on the firm you work for i guess. i have heard it has gone quiet for a few tradies tho..

Guest rolo

Thanks for all your responses. It sounds like it's the same in UK the moment. If there are no bricky jobs, is there still plenty of other jobs about in adelaide?

Guest Benny Hill

No jobs what so ever Julie Gillard has done a Number on Australia with with here fabulous Carbon Tax Policy. Thats just about's to crush the Be Jesus out of every large Indusrty and make all us consummers pay even more money for our power and utilities. Stay in the Uk we all might come and join you over there hopefully you recession has gone away . Hea wow maybe it came here.......How much do brickies get paid there....well all come and join you......Say hello to everyone in Jolly Old Blighty for me....:jiggy: