steveliane

Your favourite Aussie beer

Been here two years now and have sampled many of the Aussie beers and my two faves have to be James Squire and coopers (sparkling and pale ale)

also been to a few breweries and my fave so far has to be Lobethal brew house.

What's yours?

My favourite must be Coopers Pale as it's what I buy most of, although I do like that Carlton Cold for some reason even though it's cheap.

have you tried nelsons three sheets?

it's a nice smooth brew and i like the name, you can find it at dan murphys

I haven't, but I shall next time I'm in there.

Carlton Cold managed to get that in the UK once and I really enjoyed - downside to that is the OH did as well .....LOL Can't get it now in the UK :-(

Guest Shanners
    Been here two years now and have sampled many of the Aussie beers and my two faves have to be James Squire and coopers (sparkling and pale ale)

What's yours?

Coopers (lager or sparkling)

Anything brewed at Echidna Winery in McLaren Vale (including the ginger beer!!)

Cheers

Chris

OH brews his own and reckons that's as good or better as anything else you can buy here! He likes the Lobethal Brewery too, and have you tried the Port Dock Brewery in Port Adelaide, and the one down in Goolwa (can't remember that one's name)?

Guest nic lavidan

What's yours?

http://www.australianbeers.com/

Too many to choose from but I think Southern Bavarian White would be my favourite as I like the paler beers. There is a good website (above) you can look at to make sure you have not missed any!

[h=1][/h]

OH brews his own and reckons that's as good or better as anything else you can buy here! He likes the Lobethal Brewery too, and have you tried the Port Dock Brewery in Port Adelaide, and the one down in Goolwa (can't remember that one's name)?

I brew my own too, but it doesn't have a name as yet. It's pretty good most of the time.

James Squire and Coopers beers are good,but when at Dan Murphys i tend to go for Chang and Lowenbrau,both 5% and with a good taste.:rolleyes:

Guest welshboy

i usually buy Tooheys extra dry and Carlton cold but have tried different ones but end up getting the same when there on offer

INFACT you can buy Tooheys extra dry in the UK, we bought some for our party when we visited the UK last year

Guest majortom

Gotta go with lynsteve and Boags.........trying to get weaned off Becks

Guest jdhogg747

try the woolworths branded platinum blonde 38 bucks for a slab great chilled down on a hot afternoon but otherwise pale ale coopers of course

been to the one at port adelaide and the one in goolwa is the steam exchange and i didn't rate their beers much

Edited by steveliane