Guest jade88

Do we move to Adelaide from the UK???

Guest jade88

My parents emigrated to Adelaide 2 years ago and we cant decide whether to make the move or not. I have been 3times and i do like it but there is a little doubt but i cant put my finger on it. I miss my parents and sister massively and being 23 they are a huge part in my life, thank god for skype. Iam a beauty therapist so i cant apply for a visa but my partner is a carpenter and we were thinking he could get sponsered. what are peoples thoughts?? UK or Adelaide??

Guest beth

The doubt, what is it? You must have an idea? I did visit and wasnt sure about it there but people say you fall in love with it after a while though...

I've visited a number of times now and each time its grown on me.

Perhaps its not the lifestyle you are used to? You don't have a social circle there but do in the UK? You don't really want to leave the UK and would only be doing so to be nearer your family there? You've only visited on holiday and holidays never compare with day to day life.

TBH if they are small doubts and you have no real ties to the UK, consider giving it a go for a couple of years. But try to nail down what is bothering you if you want to make a longer term commitment to living there.

Guest jade88

I have been thinking today and what I have come up with is the fact that my parents are there and not with me that could be my doubt towards it and also i was there for 4 months at one time and because i wasnt with my partner then i was pretty much on my own apart for a few people i got introduced too but they put me off and they were not what i call my cup of tea, so if i was to move there i would have my partner and would make my own new friends and wouldnt have to see the other people i met. i think were going to see how to go about this big move, it will be best for us in the future.

Guest Squareman

We're all living here because the UK is the place to be? The UK is falling to pieces before the eyes if the world. LOL. I dont know about work opps for a chippie but you should be ok.

Hi

My son's 22 and he came out on a working holiday visa back in April, the best thing he's ever done (in my opinion) and if he decides he doesn't want to go back we'll apply for a visa for him. A working holiday visa is a cheaper alternative if your not sure you'll want to stay & if your partner is under 30.

Tracey

Guest jade88

I have already used my working holiday visa when i came for 4 months. but we have made the choice to move!!!! will take a few years to save and Iam going back to Uni to become a nurse so I have a better future there. Yey!!!