hello from newbies

Guest JACQUI

ello all i,m jaki and my hubby is ed.we,re going nuts waiting for our visa,s. all the paper work is done,including medicals,police check,s T.R.A..We got the ball rolling in march of 2006 and the roller coaster ride is great.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Jaki and Ed

Welcome to the site :D

Which visa are you going for? We got ours a couple of weeks ago and agree the waiting is the worst bit - hopefully you won't habe much longer!

Lisa

Guest graandjac

Hi jaki and ed, ive got my TRA assestment starting soon and i am a roof tiler here, which is on the MODL list any tips!!!

trade references

customer references

pics of work

Years of accounts I know i can provide all of these but starting to feel that its all on my shoulders and all the family are so up for going

Put me at ease, cheers Graham

hi graandjac

we started this adventure 28/3/06 after we had been to the glasgow emigrate

seminar after talking to an agent at one of there stands it was reccomended that if we wanted to emigrate then we would have to act fast because i wouldnt be able to go once i turned 45 in(12 weeks)

getting all my paperwork together was hard going for me because i didnt have any certificates (im a plasterer) but had over twenty years work experience my agent said i had to get references off every employer i had worked for going right back to when i first started this was in 1983 it seemed impossible but some how i managed, the first set of references where sent off and two days later i got a call from my agent saying they were no good

:( not enough detail they wanted to know every tool i had ever used what materials i had worked with and what kind of jobs i had worked on, and when, plus for how long. so i had get them done again this took about 3weeks i included photos of jobs i had done both in england and germany

and put in as much information as i could this time it was enough,we finally

past it on 21/6/06 and now only had 10days to lodge are application.we managed this on the 30/6/06 3 day,s before my 45th. so don,t give up or give in just keep going.. it,s gotta be worth it eh :!:

Guest happy-jools

My goodness that was some bloody tight timescales to work too. But it just shows you that it can be done.

We have just sent of my hubby's TRA assessment via an Agency that we are using. They are happy with it, (and according the them have not had one refused).

Its so bloody nerve racking, Im suprised everyone who applies for this doesnt get divorced in the process as Im seriously considering it already and were in very early stages. Ha Ha. :twisted:

Guest dglamoore

TRA was definitley the worst bit for us but the stress seems to stay pretty much all the way through the visa application and then you have the move to organise so starts again :cry:

worth it in the end though :lol:

Lisa

Guest graandjac

Thanks jaki's hubby sounds as i thought hard work ,in theory there is nothing to worry about because i know that i can provide all of these things and iam good at what i do, thanks for the reply the beers on me WHEN we get there would be great to share any buiding contacts thanks again graham