tean

Mobile deals?

Can anyone recommend a good place to find mobile phone deals. We are looking to get iphones, preferably with Virgin, a.s.a.p after the 8/9/11. Thanks:smile:

preferably with Virgin

What makes you say that?

One thing I will point out just in case you did not know is the word CAP means this is the MINIMUM you will pay.

So even if you only make calls to the same network that is usually free, you will still have to pay the cap price.

We got a good deal with Three/Vodaphone for two phones on one bill so got one of the caps cheaper.

Hope it clears things up if you did not realise this.

Rob and Mel

Telstra have by far the best coverage so you won't be paying roaming charges. I have 2 contracts on 1 bill (phone for myself and my wife) and so all calls to each other are free.

Hi! Thanks for the responses. I said preferably Virgin as family in Sydney are with them so it would be free to chat to them. We will go for the best deal overall though. I did not no about the CAP thing, so glad you informed me!!!

I'm on a one month rolling contract with Vodafone at $35 per month and not managed to go over that at all yet - even with a few calls to the UK each month!! However their reception is TERRIBLE and they always drop calls (i.e. you'll be talking to someone and the call will cut out) - so for that reason I wouldn't recommend them.

I had a work phone on Telstra and they are excellent - by far the best coverage (I just spent 3 days driving from Townville to Darwin up through the outback and the ONLY signal I got for the whole 3 days was in Katherine and Mount Isa - that was it, where as all the locals I met had great signal on Telstra). So would recommend them for that.

Good luck!

Guest guest569

If you have an I phone and you download the skype app, does that mean you can chat with anyone on skype for free and not use your inclusive minutes on a cap ???

What makes you say that?

One thing I will point out just in case you did not know is the word CAP means this is the MINIMUM you will pay.

So even if you only make calls to the same network that is usually free, you will still have to pay the cap price.

We got a good deal with Three/Vodaphone for two phones on one bill so got one of the caps cheaper.

Hope it clears things up if you did not realise this.

Rob and Mel

Eh??

I have a $230 cap on my plan, but pay $29 a month. I think you've got a bit mixed up. Cap means included credit. Unless the bloke in the Virgin shop was mixed up? Maybe he was.

In regards to the iPhone, don't buy an iPhone 4 as the new one is due out soon. Anyone who buys an iPhone 4 now is crazy.

If you have an I phone and you download the skype app, does that mean you can chat with anyone on skype for free and not use your inclusive minutes on a cap ???

Well, you'd use your data allowance instead unless you were on a wifi network.