Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest1435

Adealide

Guest Guest1435

Hi ,

Is there any suburbs in and around Adelaide to stay clear of or indeed areas to definetly consider.We have been offered a house in Marino to rent ....not sure....

We have an 8 year old daughter so schooling is important....

Guest Django

This is very much a personal thing. What one person sees as a total no go area someone else will see as the ideal place to live.

The best thing, in my opinion, is to find a short term rental and use that time to drive around and visit schools, shopping areas, routes to work, etc to find what suits you.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    This is very much a personal thing. What one person sees as a total no go area someone else will see as the ideal place to live.

The best thing, in my opinion, is to find a short term rental and use that time to drive around and visit schools, shopping areas, routes to work, etc to find what suits you.

Pete

Good advice Pete. I will say though I like |Marino, not too sure about the local high school Seaview downs, heard a couple of not so good things, But the HC R-12 is near by too, but if they are full you wont get in if you dont live in the sub.

sarah

Guest Thongs Rule

Hi,

I was born in Adelaide, but spent a few years in the UK in Stratford, and now live back in Adelaide in Norwood.

After my years in the UK i think that Adelaide doesn't really have a no go area like you guys have in the UK. Crime and gang culture are significantly lower.

From my experience though in the UK you guys would pay a premium to be in an area with a good school, yet when you come over here you choose to go to the south of the Adelaide, with the highest unemployment, worst schools and generally the most feral, shoes become optional. The north is a little better as it has redeveloped so many areas, and most of the major companies are based there, but if you value your kids education and want to live in the best place then you have to look towards the east, burnside, magill etc....

Adelaide is a great city to live, but it doesn't have much to offer outisde of the city as everything becomes very rustic very quickly and the quality soon diminishes. So I wouldn't look any further south than Marion / Hove, or further north than Modbury / Golden Grove.

Guest muppetbro

"in the UK you guys would pay a premium to be in an area with a good school"

those that value their childs education do / did but here privae school fees are not so prohibitive - hence "the better kids go to the private schools in many suburbs" quote from 2 different headteachers i n schools ive worked in!

i agree with your post 100% - the best and most accurate opinion stems from adelaidians - too many poms surround themselves with pom mentality only - worst of all forum opinion which is so......