Guest Shanners

Pig Diving and Synchronised Bobcat Dancing.......

Guest Shanners

.....just a couple of highlights from the Adelaide show.

We went yesterday ($48 for familt ticket) and had a great time (8 hrs worth) in glorious weather.

Apart from the fairground rides, obligatory "showbags" pavillon and general food and wine stalls there was plenty of other entertainment including some good action in the main arena such as go-kart racing, motor X stunts and yes synchronised Bobcat Dancing (4 bobcats doing various maneouves in unison - got to see it to believe it!).

There's plenty for the younger kids as well with various animal pavillons, dog shows, kids carnival etc.

Get in early for the pig racing and diving (very funny) as the small arena gets full very quickly.

All capped off with a fireworks display.

Would recommend as long as you don't go mad - you can spend alot of money in 1 day.

Cheers

Chris

We saw the pig diving today, it was hilarious.

But thought the show was poor and tiny. We were convinced we were missing half of it, but looking at the map we weren't.

It's good for kids though. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past by my local show being the Dorset steam fair, but we won't be going next year.

Been watching them on YouTube and can't stop chuckling!

This was filmed in 2009 - but still much the same

I went yesterday and the diving pigs were good. If you have kids the show can be a very very fast way to demolish large amounts of money - $ 28 for the ferris wheel, $ 12 for a go on the bungy trampolines but theres loads of free kids stuff if you stay out of the fairground.

Best bit - twister chips. I love junk food but very rarely eat it as its, well, junk. These are really good though.

The show would be 'good' if it was free to get in, OR you pay a lot to get in and the rides are free.

As it is, it's a rip off - full stop. You may have fun, but value for money - definitely not!!!

Guest Guest5035

i learnt that in 1992, nothings changed, same bucket different year.

stevo

Even my 14 year old son says the same! For little kids who like to see the animals and the shows etc, it's not bad, for adults who like to browse the produce shed and the Taste SA stalls, it's not bad, but for teenagers and anyone who wants to do any of the rides it's a total rip off ...and I have doubts about the safety standards of some of the rides!

Agree with above posts. Don't mind paying to get in (discount entry with RAA), enjoy looking around at various farming exhibits, wood chopping, arena stuff, produce stalls but the fun fair stuff - COMPLETE RIP OFF!!! Don't mind paying going price for things, but don't like getting ripped off. Everything seemed to be $10 a pop including food. Throwing a few basketballs for a $10, no way. Luckily kids aren't big on rides, have to do the show bags and the dagwood dog - good job it's only once a year, start saving for 2012.

Guest teamV

Well ive never seen anything like that youtube clip of pig jumping:biglaugh:

Best bit - twister chips. I love junk food but very rarely eat it as its, well, junk. These are really good though.

lol! totally forgot about them - chips on a stick!!!! lol

Fab