Guest lisass

worried about starting children in new school

Guest lisass

my oldest son just started school in laois but moving 2 adelaide in jan will he be able 2 start school straight away

Hello and welcome to the forum.

How old is your son first and foremost? Depending on his age he could well start the new school year at the end of Jan. If he isn't 5 yet then he'll start the term after he turns 5 iirc.

Schools go back 30 January, and so you may have had to enrol him before they break up mid december or wait a few days. as snifter says, he also needs to be 5 by then.

When you get settled contact the school you wish him to go to, they normally like you to have a chat and a look around the school

We did this and Mason has just finished his first week, he is 8yr in uk he had just finished yr 3 in the uk, but with the way the year is over here he is still in year 3 and starts yr 4 in jan.

Lisa

Guest lisass

my oldest son is 5 in sept i also have a 3 year who wil 4 in sept is der a preschool 4 him sry 4 all questions its a big move i also have a 2 year old girl

If your son is 5 in September then he will be able to start here in January when you come. School starts January 30th but the teachers will be at school in the week before this for some days in preparation. Your 3 yo will be able to begin Kindy then as well. Good luck with the move.