Guest Kateh96

Anyone 15 and going soon?

Guest Kateh96

Hello, I'm Katherine. I'm 15, moving to Adelaide in December.

I want to talk to more people in my position, because I'm really scared. :err:

Guest loopylisa

Dont be scared hun. Adelaide is a great city. I moved to Adelaide aged 6 and the UK at age 15- so same age as you but the other way around ! I missed lots of the familiar things. Have you spent much time on the net familiarising yourself with Adelaide? Do you know what area you are going to live in? If you do you can use things like google maps to have a look around on street view. You can watch web cams of the city. You will miss friends and family and it is only natural to be scared. Having dual nationality and my parents taking me to oz when I was young is one of the things I am truly thankful for in life.

I hope you settle well.

Guest Kateh96

I have a few friends there like my bestfriend and a few of her friends who I've been talking to

I'm a little less scared now coz one of them said they'd take me on a tour so I knew where things were and that

We're thinking about living near Henley I think, coz its not as much money as some other places and my bestfriend said its within walking distance of where she lives

The only thing I'm really worried about is making friends and going to school there, but apparently I'll be fine coz they're nicer out there

Thanks

Hi i'm Jess age 14, I arrived in Adelaide on 14th September, Adelaide's a great city and everyones really friendly! we're staying short term in Woodcroft in the south of Adelaide. We're looking at living in the North around North Haven, semaphore areas and thinking about going to Ocean view college. Some schools in Adelaide do Watersports afterschool activites, like wind surfing, surfing and sailing lessons which sounds fun. Before I came I did research on different areas of adelaide which helped a lot for when I arrived, try not to worry to much :)

Oh and by the way Adelaide's suppose to have a heat wave this year to get ready for the beach ! :D