Guest R175

Best place to park for Royal Adelaide

Guest R175

Hi all.

My wife has a job at the RAH. We are looking at a house in Happy Valley BUT the big sticking point is there does not seem to be any parking near the hospital....

Do any of you lovely people have a fantastic idea or know of a better commute so I can get the bloody house...:biggrin:

Any suggestions welcome...thanks all

R175:notworthy:

Guest willfam

Try googling UPark, Wilsons Parking, these are two companies I can think of at the moment, but there is quite a lot of car parking in the city. Quite a lot of people park along the tram line and catch the tram into town too. That way you just pay for the tram ride, parking is free.

Guest smurph

personally i wouldnt drive/park in the city.. way too expensive on a daily basis... other options are to park at the train stations (i think most have free parking) and then catch the train in walk up north terrace. other options (depends how long you park) but there are 4hr and 10hr down frome road and war memorial drive but again it aint cheap.. or ezipark frome st.. again about $12 early bird or $20 i think...

Guest cornish Busdriver

G20, G21, G22 buses Reliable and frequent.

There normally express from flinders straight to the city

Not sure if it is only Drs who get this privilege but there is a salary sacrifice scheme $xx per month and you get a card and can park in the car park next to the hospital.

Guest sarahtwinn82

We live in Happy Valley and my hubby works at the RAH. He catches the bus and it takes him about 45-50 mins. It can take that long in a car during rush hour. If he's on a late I fetch him and even when it's really quiet on the roads it takes me 25 mins to get there. Hope this helps

Guest R175

Thanks for all the info people....

Sarah can I just ask what time does your hubby start as my wife will be starting a 7AM.

We are looking at Chandlers Hill Road area...not sure if it makes a difference. Also what bus and how much does it cost a week.

Thanks again everyone....

R175

Guest R175

Hi Willfam

That is excellent mate thank you....I am sure it will help...bloody expensive though...lol

Guest willfam

Lots of car parks offer Earlybird rates..in before 9am and out by 6ish for somewhere between $11 - $16 per day or a discount for monthly parking. Would be cheaper to catch tain or bus though. Bus / train timetables link: http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/

cheers

Lots of car parks offer Earlybird rates..in before 9am and out by 6ish for somewhere between $11 - $16 per day or a discount for monthly parking. Would be cheaper to catch tain or bus though. Bus / train timetables link: http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/

cheers

Yes, my wife paid $12 a day at the car park at Frome St, cheaper on Sundays. If it's a permanent job, you can get a permit for the hospital car park if you go on a waiting list - think it's about $34 per fortnight.

Cooler