mac

Does Anyone Live In Adelaide Hills??

Hi!

Does anyone here live in Adelaide Hills? Or do you live near there?

If someone could contact us, it would be greatly appreciated.

mac:chatterbox:

Guest weasy

We're in Bridgewater. What would you like to know?

Louise

whats the area like ?

whats the schools like for 4year olds and the nursey?

is there many problems with spiders?

if its not to much of a cheek is there any chance that you could make me a dvd of the area or if i could have your telephone number so that i could speak to youself.

whats the area like ?

whats the schools like for 4year olds and the nursey?

is there many problems with spiders?

if its not to much of a cheek is there any chance that you could make me a dvd of the area or if i could have your telephone number so that i could speak to youself.

Guest weasy

This is some stuff I wrote for another forum.

We have lived in Bridgewater since May 2007 and love it more and more each day. It's a suburb East of the CBD, slightly further out than Stirling or Crafers, only 20 mins from the CBD.. In terms of 'infrastructure' we have.....a big Coles, butchers (great), fruit and veg shop, newsagent, pharmacy, post office/deli, hairdresser, dentist, Nissan dealership etc but it is only 5 mins from Stirling, which has everything.

The Bridgewater Inn does great, inexpensive meals and is a nice pub too I believe but we don't use it that way. There is also the Historic Bridgewater Mill which does more upmarket meals. Hahndorf is 5 minutes away if you want a Sunday afternoon touristy session and Mount Barker is 15 minutes up the freeway with some larger shops (KMart etc).

It's a suburb with quite a long history, many of our friends living here have been there for a few generations, and you are likely to meet people who have roads named after one of their ancestors.

Bridgewater Primary is quite a 'free' school with a Montessori ethic and is a popular school, with a good reputation. However, our kids go to Crafers Primary as that's where they started when we moved to Oz and we think it's a superb school see their soon to be developed website http://www.crafersps.sa.edu.au/. All the primary schools in the area have good reputations. The local state High school is Heathfield High which has a decent reputation now but was not so good a few years ago I believe. It has a huge volleyball programme and a good music programme.

There are some amazing walks around Bridgewater including parts of the Heyson Trail. I'll add more as I think of them....

The community spirit around the Hills townships is amazing - we've made so many friends already amongst the locals and find that, for most people, once you have discovered the Adelaide Hills, you won't want to live anywhere else...

Not so goods....

There are loads of trees, which is great for shade etc but also means we are high fire risk.

It is very hilly....some driveways are extremely steep.

All things considered, I would have no hesitation in recommending it as a lovely place to live..........

I would add, in answer to your questions that there is a good kindy and also a Montessori kindy in Bridgewater, both well thought of with the Montessori one perhaps better thought of.

Spiders - don't think we really see more than anyone else. We've recently had 2 huge huntsmen in the house (they come in pairs) but we haven't bombed/sprayed. We've also had a couple of white tips and there was a redback in the garage a few months back. We get wonderful birdlife though, lots of kookaburras, lorrikeets and other parrot types - the noise is amazing. We also had our own koala for a couple of days and can often hear koalas around. We also have a family of possums around that always put on a good show for our friends when we have a barbie.

Don't know about giving out my phone no but if you PM me your email address I can send some pics and then answer any other questions and we'll take it from there.

Hope this helps.

Louise