Pr visa

McGintyoz

We have been told today that our application for our PR Visa (sponsored visa) has been put in today, this has been put in as a decision approved Visa but I do not know exactly what that is. I asked for a timescale and was told 5/7 months!!!!! Has anyone been in the same situation and can they give me any idea of the time they waited for a decision.

Thanks

:arghh:

Hi McGinty,

We lodged our 887PR Visa online on the 8th of April 2011, we received our visa on the 21st of June 2011. So roughly around 3 months. We were on a 475 Temp Visa, which sped up our process alot quicker.

Hope this helps.

James

Guest shella_n

We went from 457 to 856 and it took 4 months - I think in reality descision ready applications can be done in a matter of mere weeks. Good luck to you - it's do great when if finally happens!!

Guest shella_n
Hi how long do you have to be on a 457 before you can apply for a PR.

Being on a 457 is not a pathway to pr. You can only apply for pr if you fit the relevant criteria for that visa - it has nothing to do with being on a 457.

If you are on a 457 your employer may decide to sponsor you permanently. You will either need to have passed the skills test or have been doing the job in Australia for 2 years. You will still also need the relevant qualifications, 3 years work experience etc etc