McGintyoz

Pr visa

We have been told today that our application for our PR Visa (sponsored visa) has been put in today, this has been put in as a decision approved Visa but I do not know exactly what that is. I asked for a timescale and was told 5/7 months!!!!! Has anyone been in the same situation and can they give me any idea of the time they waited for a decision.

Thanks

:arghh:

Guest JD97

Hi McGinty,

We lodged our 887PR Visa online on the 8th of April 2011, we received our visa on the 21st of June 2011. So roughly around 3 months. We were on a 475 Temp Visa, which sped up our process alot quicker.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks JD97 and Spanners that has made me feel more hopeful! I would love mine to come through in 3 days, reckon that must be a record. We are on a 457 at the mo and have submitted an application for an 856 so fingers crossed we will know by Christmas.

Thanks JD97 and Spanners that has made me feel more hopeful! I would love mine to come through in 3 days, reckon that must be a record. We are on a 457 at the mo and have submitted an application for an 856 so fingers crossed we will know by Christmas.
    Hi how long do you have to be on a 457 before you can apply for a PR.

Guest shella_n

We went from 457 to 856 and it took 4 months - I think in reality descision ready applications can be done in a matter of mere weeks. Good luck to you - it's do great when if finally happens!!

Guest shella_n
    Hi how long do you have to be on a 457 before you can apply for a PR.

Being on a 457 is not a pathway to pr. You can only apply for pr if you fit the relevant criteria for that visa - it has nothing to do with being on a 457.

If you are on a 457 your employer may decide to sponsor you permanently. You will either need to have passed the skills test or have been doing the job in Australia for 2 years. You will still also need the relevant qualifications, 3 years work experience etc etc