Guest Kat+Rocco

Help 457 visa medicals!!

Guest Kat+Rocco

I have completed online application for 457 temp visa.....I am a nurse and my husband and daughter are also included on my visa.

I was under the assumption that all of us would need to have medicals, chest x-rays etc but upon submission of visa application it is only requesting medicals, x- rays and blood tests for me!?!?

Is this the same for others? I just don't want to travel up to Scotland for my medicals to find out that we need to go back to complete husbands and my daughters another day

:chatterbox:

Thanks in advance

Kelly

:wacko:

Guest The Dimmocks

We were on a 176 visa and all of us had to have medicals. I would think the same applies to all visas as well. Maybe ask your case officer why your husband and child not been asked to have one.

Michelle

Guest Mitchell

457 visas don't require Medicals by defaults but they can ask for them. I wasn't asked so didn't do one for my 457. If they are asking I'd assume there's some reason so they'll only ask for the person they have a reason for. So you should be fine with it just being you.

Guest Kat+Rocco

Thanks for replys I rang Uk visa office to check and they confirmed that it only needs to be me because I'm going to be working in a hospital and as my husband and daughter are not they don't need medicals.few that's a relief as heading up to edinburgh tomorrow :cute:

Guest sarahtwinn82

We came on a 457 and only myself (Sarah) had to have a medical as I am a nurse. So this is correct don't panic :)

We came on a 457 visa and it was only my daughter that was asked to do a medical. I was really shocked, but found out that it was due to her not starting school yet.

Guest shella_n

Hey prema!!

How are you going? Long time no speak - hope things are still going reall well for you!

Michelle x

Guest guest3462

We all had to have medicals for our 457, but the case officer only originally asked for Rich to go. When we rang to check they said to get us all done, which we did, this was due to him being a Dr, me being a nurse and both girls being pre school age.