HEAPS GOOD !!!

Winter Electric Bill

We just had our leccy bill for over the winter period

Washing machine on at least once a day

kids light on due to being scared of the dark

Electric oven on every other day

Air con on for heating................................................wait for it..................................i nearly died..................

$375

Holy crap i thought.....

HG

Our last quarter was $270!!! At least it'll go down now for a while as half of it was the heating. Then it'll go up again as we'll need the cooling.

You can pay monthly in oz, yes. We're just to lazy to set the payments up.

My daughter just got hers ............ single parent, one toddler, all electric house .................... $580!!!!

Dunno how she's going to pay it :(

You're joking right???

Ours was $1300

Yes, we nearly died!!!!....been shouting at kids ever since to turn lights off!

Sarahx

ps. I am sat in the dark typing this

Guest katsmajic

Found that bills are much higher in this new house, but it is sooo much bigger than our rental, where electric bills were around the $200/$250 mark, summer bill was $450, but that was due to having a russian here and the aircon on alot even though summer was pants for us.....electricity has recently gone up too....

Weve had the heating on a fair bit this winter, HG was stressing the bill would be through the roof :)

We do pay fortnightly installments via BPay, so the actual bill was $2.35

Guest Nick11
    You're joking right???

Ours was $1300

Yes, we nearly died!!!!....been shouting at kids ever since to turn lights off!

Sarahx

ps. I am sat in the dark typing this

Did you have use your hot tub on over winter Sarah. We turned ours off. Our winter leccie bill was $280 this year...last year at the same time with the hot tub on it was $900.

Guest teresa

Dont know what you are all complaining about. Our last winter quarterly was £600, small 3 bed semi house. And the prices are just about to rocket....

Guest Buttons

I thought that was really cheap, especially for all the use you said you had.

I've just had a look and ours was $170 for the last quarter not $270!!!!

Heating was used a lot too. So should be about $80 this quarter.

Did you have use your hot tub on over winter Sarah. We turned ours off. Our winter leccie bill was $280 this year...last year at the same time with the hot tub on it was $900.

Hi Nick - yep, we've had it on all over winter - reckon thats it, we're going to give in a couple more weeks then, turn off for summer - and use the pool! hard life eh?

xx

Ours was $680,and that's average for us.Dunno where all these low figures come from:confused:Had one recently for $800 odd!:sad:Still,i ain't shivering for months on end,no Sir,no Way.

Ours was $680,and that's average for us.Dunno where all these low figures come from:confused:Had one recently for $800 odd!:sad:Still,i ain't shivering for months on end,no Sir,no Way.

I had a look at the meter earlier, and if we keep going the way we are, this quarter our electric bill will be about $70. We don't have gas either, so everything is electric.

I don't think I could possibly use $600 worth of electricity, but then we are in a small house with no pool or anything.

Guest Sachertorte

We also use about $500-600 of electricity. I am not sure about some people's really low bills either.... we have gas central heating (removed electric tank in the roof space) and lots of low energy light bulbs. We also have a brand new ETSA meter.

I guess it could be some people's meters being old and not registering properly- we had that situation with the water meter and had really low bills.... but then they changed it and bang! Water bills now at $300 (stopped using our pool):eek:

We also use about $500-600 of electricity. I am not sure about some people's really low bills either.... we have gas central heating (removed electric tank in the roof space) and lots of low energy light bulbs. We also have a brand new ETSA meter.

I guess it could be some people's meters being old and not registering properly- we had that situation with the water meter and had really low bills.... but then they changed it and bang! Water bills now at $300 (stopped using our pool):eek:

Our water bills are about $40 a quarter, but we just pay for usage on that.

Our electric meter is brand new. We pay approx $600 a year for electric and $160 water usage a year. We do however have an 'off-peak' and 'on-peak' meter, and all water heating is done overnight off-peak at a very low tariff.

Guest Woody and Jane
    Our water bills are about $40 a quarter, but we just pay for usage on that.

We got our water bill the other day, $240. We thought we were on for a cheap one as we've somehow managed to cut our daily usage down by 100 litres, but no.

Water has gone up and so has the sewerage levy (by $30 a quarter). The sewerage levy is based on the value of your house and as everyone's has just been revalued the water, council rates (up $60 a quarter) and whatever other bills are based on the value of your house have gone up.

I'm certainly no richer just because they think my house is worth more than a year ago.

I say boo.

Guest KP Nuts

Had our water bill today, also $240, up from last bill of $153 told the kids no more long showers