Guest jlr248

Reynella High School v Le fevre High School ?????

Guest jlr248

Hi all at PIA. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these schools and their surrounding areas. Any info, pros / cons whatever at all would be really helpful. Thanks Jane

Hi we live in Ethelton, and our oldest son goes to Le Fevre. He is in Year 12, and really likes the school and gets plenty of support from the teachers. Our youngest boy is due to start there next January.

A friend teachers at Reynella High (I think not sure if their are 2 schools that way??) and he says it's fine just a typical aussie school. He enjoys working there but feels their is rough edge as with most schools

HTH

Guest jlr248
    Hi we live in Ethelton, and our oldest son goes to Le Fevre. He is in Year 12, and really likes the school and gets plenty of support from the teachers. Our youngest boy is due to start there next January.

Hi Hutchy, We have been looking at Ethelton but so far have not seen many rentals in the area. Looks like it is in a good central position for beach and city. Does it have good transport / public transport links? Also do you happen to know if there are any riding stables around that area as one of my daughters is horse mad. Actually any info about Ethelton and surrounding suburbs would be really helpful as i havent been able to find out too much on line. Thanks Jane

Couldn't say anything bout riding schools, cos both my boys are into soccer..........But the area is fantastic, great for the beach, shopping (you have Semaphore close by, as well as West Lakes and Port Adelaide. Transport is good where we live, train link is five minutes away, and there are plenty of bus stops too. The Carlisle in Carlisle Street also does very nice meals and has a really good atmosphere. We have found that both the local schools, Westport Primary School, in West Street, and as I mentioned previously, Le Fevre High School are great, both our sons have settled in them really quickly.

Guest Ric & Paula

We have just left the Semaphore area and are struggling!Fab place,great community,good for festivals etc,check out Largs as well for rentals,still in Le Fevres area but cheaper than Semaphore and beachy.Heard mixed reviews about the High school,but we have several friends who are happy with the school.Principal Rob Shepherd seems to be doing a lot with the school and is forthcoming in chatting to people and showing them around.Good luck.

Guest Pam777

my son is in year 8 at Reynella East College (formerly reynella east high) he is ok there. It seems to be structured well.

They have, as of this year, joined with the primary school so they are an R-12 school.

they will be getting funding now so that new facilities are built and upgrades done.

Pam