Guest wyles family

is the curriculum much different in adelaid

Guest wyles family

hello, just wondering what the difference is in the curriculum is in adelaide compared to uk??? also is it difficult to buy uniform or is it usualy bought from the schools as my friend said bring school trousers with me????

Guest cbeeb

Depends on age, national curriculum is only in stages of being implemented, so depends on school and year group wether you will be working to it. Curriculum is on acara website . If you are year 11 or 12(16-18) working to SACE they also have a website.

Guest Adelaide_bound

(and it is a Friday night over here - normal people are out having fun (myself not being normal :P lol)

all schools have different uniforms all schools supply and sell uniforms in school shop although tend to be expensive, some schools will allow you to buy polo shirts and jumpers from shops and then just purchase school badges from school to make it more affordable, but basically depends on school of choice

Hi Wyles family

I have found buying uniform for schools no problem. If its a state school, then generally its navy joggers/shorts and coloured t-shirt (either you can buy from school shop with logo)..or from Big W/Kmart/Target.

Private schools usually have their own school shop - and seconds.

As a parent who daughters spent a good few years in UK schools...I would say the curriculam is very different. States schools no not offer at religious education - but they do need to do alot of work on the environment. History doesnt seem to come into play either... and Im sorry to say that the education is the one part that I do feel the UK is better at... Each school is different, I know, but we have moved our daughters to a few state schools before sending them to a private school - which I am now alot happier at.

This is just my opinion.

Sarahx

Mine are at private high school - have to do religion all the way through (but it's not all scripture, they do study other world religions). Son is in Year 9 - they seem to do alternate semesters (half years) of history and geography, and general science rather than being separated out into biology, chemistry, physics. They do core subjects in Year 10, plus a selection of individual options. Then can narrow that down further in Year 11, and further still in Year 12. They now have to do a research project in Year 12 as well as community service elements.

In the younger years, education seems a lot more focussed on presentation skills, confidence, etc, which seems to breed a subsequent generation of confident, self-assured teenagers.