Guest wyles family

what do we need to buy before we come???

Guest wyles family

Hi everyone, we are flying out on 25th oct and was wondering what we need to buy that may be hard to get in adelaide, as dont think the shops are as cheap and as good!!! Thinking clothes underwear, shoes, uniform, electricals etc.. Thanks we have two kids ages 12 and 8 who are very fashion aware but thats probably just a british thing as there is not much to do here but shop.... Hence why moving to sun and outdoor life!!!!

Guest shella_n

I would say yes to all of thd above except uniforms - all schos have different ones with logos and. You don't know what colours you will need - from what I've seen they don't wear grey like we do on the winter and sone schools require blue shoes, some brown etc so I wouldn't worry with uniform ( unless of course you already know the school they are going to).

Personally I have difficulty with adults underwear and shoes so I would be stocking up on that if I was to visit the uk ( although I am about to get mine shipped over from M& S

To be perfectly honest i wouldn't bother. Electricals are perhaps slightly more expensive but i don't think it's a massive difference. Clothes are perhaps not as widely available and the quality may not be as good as the UK but that's Adelaide. You can always order stuff online from the UK if you want - i tend to order my work shirts from M&S for example and sometimes it's free delivery! The cost of things are relative to what you earn, as a family we earn more here than we did in the UK and so buying things are generally reasonable.

Guest Benny Hill

A sense of humour for when you get paid....lol Also brings lots of motivation......Adleaide is seriously lacking in this and is currently importing it and distributing it via centrelink. But there just isnt enough to go around. And everyone seems like there stonned...Oh yea welcome to the stonners state.....youll love it if you like a good toke on the old herbal medicinal leaf. Hea did anyone tell you it used to be leagal to grow your own here...... Hydroponic shops everywhere....there is no point in fighting it. Just get off your chops like everyone else in SA. once you get a good setup youll be fine...!

Guest Benny Hill

Sorry just rembered you realise you moving From Jolly old Blighty to a Convict Collony......! and paying to do so......years ago you just had to steal a sheep and you got free tickets and straight in no questions asked....!

Guest Benny Hill

Cor your touchy all the Aussies will love you guys. you bite straght away....lol

chill out dude

this isnt jolly old Blighty

were you need to be on the defensive all the time

The aussies lov a pom who bites straight away....youll will get lot worse from them once they find out your Fresh

youll be like a new toy to them down the local pub

Lol good luck

And enjoy the Lucky Country

As so many of us do and have for years.....lol even if it is a convict collony

PS.......i dont smoke either :wink:

Yep,bring plenty of Quality Clothes,especially Winter ones,and Bedding,as it is very expensive for good Bedding.Also some extension boards for your English electrical items.Best Luck.