Damned magpies

xzibit

Just been out on my bike, and I was nearly home and riding across the railway crossing, and 'bang' into my left ear, so I speed up but it comes back for another shot at my right ear. A guy on a bike coming towards me shouted out that he'd just been hit too lol.

Buggers.

Anyone got a slingshot I can borrow, see how they like it? :biglaugh:

Our poor dog Trevor is black and white and they always target him at this time of year! He gets divebombed every time we take him to the reserve for his run. I remember when we first arrived here, I used to take Richie to work every morning. We used to see the same poor man on his pushbike trying to steer one handed whilst batting away the maggies with his other, wobbling like mad and getting really p***ed off at all the cars (including ours!) slowing down to have a good laugh at him! Happy Days!!

A magpie collided with my windscreen last week, I was only in a 60 zone so he was still very much alive (maybe a broken wing) so I turned round to put him out of his misery..... but no need, before I could get out the car atleast 5 more magpies had arrived on the scene to finish him off..... strange it was, they were going at it like mad,certainly very aggresive birds.

Yep, I've been got too whilst cycling. Right on the back of my head, and I instinctively tensed up and ducked my head, hurting my neck in the process so having remedial massages thanks to that sodding bird! They're big buggers here too.

Think I'll be investing in some craft eyes for our helmets like Diane suggests as DH cycles lots and has also been swooped, but not hit. It's probably only a matter of time though!

Our poor dog Trevor is black and white and they always target him at this time of year! He gets divebombed every time we take him to the reserve for his run.

Same thing happens to ours but she gets her own back by chasing them the other 11 months of the year, so I reckon she comes out on top!