browny

Desexing a Female dog

I will soon be getting a lovely Cocker Spaniel puppy (well six months old) and was wondering if anyone can roughly tell me how much it will costs to desex her? Also, how much microchipping is and what the laws are for ownership / registration? And any other useful info?

Can anyone recommend a good doggy obedience class too, i am in Unley so around this area or the city would be good?

DSC_0548.jpg

HOW CUTE!!!

Oh she is adorable! Lucky you :wubclub: We have a golden cocker bitch too but she was desexed about five years ago so I can't really help on price, sorry.... I jst wanted to gush lol!

That said, when she was desexed, they also micro-chipped and tattooed her. The tatt is in her ear and just indicates she has a micro-chip. I don't know whether they still do that but if they do, I'm not sure if there's any point to it as you really can't see the tatt at all!

We are too lazy (it's no surprise, it's in my name!) to brush her so tend to keep her coat clipped. Our girl is true to type and will seek out the slightest puddle of water/mud to lie in so with that, the creek, the sea and those bloomin' bindis, a short coat works well!

Our cocker is a wonderful, loving, intelligent friend who loves nothing more than running flat out after a ball. I wish you and your family as much fun with your new addition. They are a lovely breed.

:smile:LC

I'd always give a few vets a call and see how much they charge. And also if you like them enough or if they have been recommended etc.

Also often you see local ads or vets can suggest a dog trainer or classes. A quick search online for 'dog training, Adelaide' got me loads of possibles.

And this site is useful in terms of the other info you were after

http://www.dogssa.com.au/Website/index.php?id=13&level=2

Guest lippy

The only costs I know of is for an adult (6 months +) border collie size female - $370 and male slightly less. Costs are normally based on size so it may be less. I use a vet in Two Wells - a bit of a distance but even with the cost of fuel included, still works out cheaper than anywhere else I know of.

Obedience classes - you could try SA Obedience Dog Club - 8223 6626 - they train on the parklands at the east end of South Terrace just beyond the hospital and turn left. Not trained with them but have competed at agility there.

DogsSA will also help out.

Hope this helps...

I'd always give a few vets a call and see how much they charge. And also if you like them enough or if they have been recommended etc.

Also often you see local ads or vets can suggest a dog trainer or classes. A quick search online for 'dog training, Adelaide' got me loads of possibles.

And this site is useful in terms of the other info you were after

http://www.dogssa.com.au/Website/index.php?id=13&level=2

Thanks will get on that tomorrow xx

The only costs I know of is for an adult (6 months +) border collie size female - $370 and male slightly less. Costs are normally based on size so it may be less. I use a vet in Two Wells - a bit of a distance but even with the cost of fuel included, still works out cheaper than anywhere else I know of.

Obedience classes - you could try SA Obedience Dog Club - 8223 6626 - they train on the parklands at the east end of South Terrace just beyond the hospital and turn left. Not trained with them but have competed at agility there.

DogsSA will also help out.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, cant wait to start classes xx

When you call up vets, it's well worth asking if they run puppy preschool classes inhouse. Our dog went to classes at her vets, and still drags us inside when we go there now as she associates it with a fun time, despite since having had painful stuff done there. Quite a contrast to our dog in the UK who had to be physically dragged in by us whenever we went to the vets!!