Should we arrange medicals now???

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Gang

Had email from agent saying we could now apply for our police checks and go for our medicals whenever we wanted "or" we could wait until the "case officer" gets back in touch shortly and then get them sorted!What is the difference (do it now or wait)?

Also do we arrange the medicals for ourselves and 4 kids?I presume we would have to take proof of ID being our passports and would it help taking "wee" samples with us or do they want these produced there and then in there own little sterile bottles?

Anybody had these done in Liverpool?If so which panel doctor did you use and are the chest Xrays done at a same place or elsewhere?Was hoping to get a bit fitter and shift a few pounds after Christmas but is this really necessary or are they only really interested in your Bloods and Chest X rays?So i can prepare the kids could you tell me what they should expect(they are aged 3,7,8 & 10).

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gang

Had email from agent saying we could now apply for our police checks and go for our medicals whenever we wanted "or" we could wait until the "case officer" gets back in touch shortly and then get them sorted!What is the difference (do it now or wait)?

Also do we arrange the medicals for ourselves and 4 kids?I presume we would have to take proof of ID being our passports and would it help taking "wee" samples with us or do they want these produced there and then in there own little sterile bottles?

Anybody had these done in Liverpool?If so which panel doctor did you use and are the chest Xrays done at a same place or elsewhere?Was hoping to get a bit fitter and shift a few pounds after Christmas but is this really necessary or are they only really interested in your Bloods and Chest X rays?So i can prepare the kids could you tell me what they should expect(they are aged 3,7,8 & 10).

Cheers

Gill

Gill,

I would say book them now as it will save some time. All the questions you have asked regarding the meds will be explained to you when you book. Theres nothing to worry about at all. The kids like ours will only have a very basic medical, a wee sample and quick look at ears, mouth eys etc. But like i say im sure when you ring to book they will answer any questions you have

We did ours down south in Chichester so dont know around your area. I would assume that they will be in different places. You should have been sent a link/addy for the Aus Govt approved docs with contact numbers. if not you can get off line

Guest cunnah10
Gill,

I would say book them now as it will save some time. All the questions you have asked regarding the meds will be explained to you when you book. Theres nothing to worry about at all. The kids like ours will only have a very basic medical, a wee sample and quick look at ears, mouth eys etc. But like i say im sure when you ring to book they will answer any questions you have

We did ours down south in Chichester so dont know around your area. I would assume that they will be in different places. You should have been sent a link/addy for the Aus Govt approved docs with contact numbers. if not you can get off line

Cheers for speedy reply!Will get them sorted asap and ask my questions like you said when i actually book the medicals!

Thanks again!Fingers crossed we all pass!!!!Imagine if we didn't!!!

Gill

Guest ffi&dyl
Hi Gang

Cheers

Gill

Hi we just had our medicals done on the 28th of December at The Yale Hospital Wrexham (not to far from Liverpool). Our youngest 2 had height and weight checked and a quick ear and chest exam; eldest 2 had this, an eye test and a chest x-ray (only if they are 11 or over I think). Both the medicals and chest x-rays were at the same hospital.

Ffion

Guest dempseys

hiya gill, we're from liverpool and had our medicals before xmas, we were told that there was only one place in liverpool that did them and that was a place called the "the elms medical centre" in dingle, we had to download forms that we had to part fill in prior to appointment and take passport photos for each person, we had to arrive earlier to give "wee" sample, the whole thing took about 45mins. myself and mark had our weight, height, eyes, ears and chest checked and blood taken then our little boy who's 14mnths was weighed and had his eyes ears,and groin checked no blood taken as he was under a certain age, the staff are really lovely and helpful in there, then it was straight to have our chest xray's done in rodney street, again you will need to download forms and need passport photos for each person, not sure how old the children have to be to have one done,it only took 20 mins but make sure you have cash or cheque with you, be warned it ain't cheap!!! if you have any questions or want the phone numbers just let me know. good luck. p.s i remember reading that you where looking at south adelaide, what area have you got in mind, we've bought land in noarlunga downs.

macky, mark and aaron