An Introduction

Guest Teresa01

Guest Teresa01

Hello everyone,

My name is Teresa and we (Hubby, Andy and 2 kids) are hopefully coming to live in Adelaide in November. We are looking to live somewhere in the south in the region between port noarlunga and Mclaren vale. We live in a small village at the moment in the west country and like that kind of community feel. Could anyone suggest which suburb in that area may suit us best. We are also like to be active and my Husband and son are sport mad!!!

Kind Regards

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

Welcome to the community that is PIA. :) Someone out there will no doubt be on later to give you the low down.

What stage are you at in the visa process? Good luck with your plans.

Pete

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Teresa, Andy and 2 kids,

Welcome to Poms in Adelaide,

Cant really answer your question but thought we would say welcome anyway and good luck with it all.

We also live in a little village hidden from the everyday hustle and bustle and are really a little cocooned in our own environment, until we venture out of the village and go to work that is!

We hope to end up in or around West Lakes or North Haven area, as we said good luck.

Martin and Val :D

Guest Teresa01

Thanks val and Martin, also to Pete for your warm welcomes.

We have had to be slightly creative in coming to live in OZ by the end of the year.

I am at the moment finishing my training to become an Occupational Therapist but I need a years post graduate experience before I can apply for PR. So I am going to hopefully find a job in Adelaide and Andy is going to be a student. I understand that I can only work 20hrs per week but I believe that should be enough work experience for the Independent skilled visa. Please feel free to let me know if I have got any of the facts wrong.

Teresa

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I am limited in terms of information I can offer as I live further north than you are suggesting but still south of the city.

However, from what I have seen, Willunga may be a good bet although it may be further south than you are looking for. Old Noarlunga is very small but has a primary school, shops and is near the expressway so getting closer to the city shouldn't be a problem.

Someone else who lives closer to the area might be able to help.

Libby

Guest Teresa01

Thanks Libby and Cornelia,

What a friendly bunch of people you are!!

We came out to visit friends in August and thats what started the whole moving idea, we didnt go as far down as willunga but from doing some reserch that sort of area does look interesting. Maybe as Libby suggested Old Noarlunga may be worth considering, we did see it briefly and it did look charming.

Kind regards Teresa