Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Teaching hairdressing in Adelaide

hi,

My wife is interested in gaining the qualifications to teach hairdressing when we get to Adelaide.

Does anyone have any ideas about the next steps for her ?

I:E - would she need to get any further NVQ's or should she wait until there to get aussie qualifications etc

Any help appreciated

Most people that train here will usually have the Cert IV Training and Assessment (TAE40110) Most registered training organisation (RTO) trainers will have this qualification. There are several RTO's that teach this qual, so check around as it will vary in cost.

Training Organisations that teach hairdressing here in SA are TAFE, Clip Joint, Parlour and Carrick, You could contact them to see what their specific requirements are.

Thanks Mel.

Do you know if most of the training job oportunities would be college based ( as here in UK ), or is it done differently in Aus ?

basically my wifa fancies the school holidays off, which she obviously doesn't get working full time in a salon at the moment.

Cheers

max

Thanks Mel.

Do you know if most of the training job oportunities would be college based ( as here in UK ), or is it done differently in Aus ?

basically my wifa fancies the school holidays off, which she obviously doesn't get working full time in a salon at the moment.

Cheers

max

A lot of the private RTO's and Colleges attracting international students open all year round, they usually just close for 2 weeks at Christmas. TAFE is what you would call a 'college' in the UK and they close for school holidays.

Thanks Mel.

Cheers

max

Training can be on a full time or part time basis and again can vary with each individual RTO. If you have permenent residency you don't have to worry about the international student thing. Some RTO's that I work with do the training as a "public Program" and you attend for one full day every month and hand in assignments when you next attend. has 8 - 10 modules so it would take you that many months on this type of program. The TAE qual. TAFE will be the option for full / part time or evenings.

If you want recommendations of RTO's, pm me and I'll be happy to provide.

Cheers