Sign in to follow this  
Guest ozdreamsa

Question about Medicals

Guest ozdreamsa

Hi, would appreciate if someone could share experience about the medical test, like the flow.

Looks like I need to download the form 26, 160 and fill out part A, and take those to the clinic.

My understanding was, once all is done, the clinic will attach those result to the online system.

But, the clinic is mentioning that without the "Examination Reference Letter", they cannot promise (??) to attach result electronically.

Is it normal? How did you send your medicals?

Guest Guest6899

Hi, We had ours in Birmingham and paid extra for them to send our medicals electronically. They did most of it whilst we were there, they took digital photos whilst there, inputted all the info as each one of us was called in individually. well went out to pee in the pot, lol. Cant remember now which forms but sound right, one for meds and the other for xrays and you only fill in the first part. Not sure what the Examination Reference Letter is??

Good Luck

Guest Scottish_Mitchells

Hey OzDreamsa

We had our medicals done in Edinburgh in April and although we had filed a online application, done everything they told us to do, print out forms etc. they said they couldnt send them electronically?????? Anyway they were sent by post and arrived fairly quickly think about a week. Although my husband's blood pressure was quite high so they held onto his medicals until we got a letter from our GP to say no medication was needed and that was given to them within 4 days of medical being completed. We kept checking our status and were informed at the end of July this year that they had not received my husbands medical reports!!!! So that caused a bit of a delay, not sure who was to blame there but when I contacted the hospital in Edinburgh the emailed all the reports staright away.

So just keep an eye out and if status not updated in a couple of weeks check it out.

Good luck

Guest eclare

We had ours done in Edinburgh and they were sent electronically. Make sure you download the correct electronic form (there is a general one available on the DIAC website but a specific electronic version which is available when you log onto application online tracker) if you don't use teh electronic form I understand the reports have to be sent which may take a bit longer?

Is the clinic possibly referring to your TRN number (which is printed on the electronic form you can download)? I didn't have a referral letter as far as I'm aware and all that the clinic needed was the TRN reference.

Similar to other, we had to complete part A & B, take photo's etc. Forms were completed on-line by the doc and results of blood/urine samples followed on a week later...all updated automatically and you can track it online, it updates when results received/finalsied etc.

Good Luck.

Guest Adelaide_bound

I think there used to be a letter your CO would send to you to take with a ref number on (other than your TRN) which you would take along so they could find you on the E-Health system, but they don't do this anymore (or at least, didn't for us).

We just booked our medicals and gave them our TRN number at that time (before we got our CO) and then when we went along, we took the forms that we downloaded from our documents list from when we lodged, and the nurse said they had looked us up on E-health system the day before and there weren't any problems, you just take the forms along as well for a) the doctor to transfer the info into E-health when he does his medical bits and b) incase e-health is not working (damn computers!) so they can post all the info off and you still get your medicals submitted.

So - download and fill in the first bit of the 26 and 160 forms, take them along, with your passports, and bob's hopefully your uncle :)

For the actual medical have a shufty at:

http://sendusdownunder.com/2011/09/medicals-done/

Hope that helps :)

Guest ozdreamsa

Thank you guys, I had hard time to make the lady (operator@the clinic)to understand the fact, but seemed nothing went through her skull, will do as you guys did and talk directly to the doc, hope he has a thinner skull and a little more grape.