steffij

Singapore Airlines question

Hi everyone, we have booked our flights with Singapore airlines and on the tickets it says 20kg per person, but we have been told we are allowed 40kg each. When I rang them they said that we are entitled for 40kg each as long as we have visa labels in passport ( which we do) but they won't send me an email stating this.

My question is has anyone else had this experience and has it been ok for the 40kilos each when you check in, we are a little worried that we will get to the check in desk with 40 each and they'll try to charge us for the extra!!!

Thanks, Stef:wubclub:

Hi so long as it is an un-validated visa!

You can always send them an e-mail asking the same question and they will respond with a standard reply so you have it in writing :)

They were very good for us - I was so worried about being over that I weighed the bags several times and even paid for them to be wrapped an paid at the airport (lol!!) - still managed to be over somehow but they let us off the little extra :)

Enjoy the flight !

Guest Guest6899

Hi, I have an email from singapore airlines regarding one way baggage allowance, send me your email address and i will forward it on.

Lisa

Hi, I have an email from singapore airlines regarding one way baggage allowance, send me your email address and i will forward it on.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I have sent you a PM with email address, thank you!

Stef:wubclub:

Guest sarah dawn

Hi we flew with singapore airlines and was aloud 40kg, but you are not alowed 40kg in one suit case,It doesent matter how many bags or cases you have just as long they all add up to your quoter. we booked our flights with first choice and they sorted out the 40kg with the airline and we had confirmation witch they printed off for the extra baggage and your pass port had to have permanent on your visa. The weight in each bag was 32kg only Sarah

It does depend on the visa type. So ensure you have the right one. You need to be going out on an unvalidated permanent visa. Temp ones don't qualify.

Also if you are flying with any other carrier (at the start or end of the journey) they don't have to honour the 40kg allowance and need only take thier allowance, usually 23kg.

Get it in writing, an email printed off you have been given the excess baggage. If you don't and you arrive at the airport without it, you may find you are not given it. And again, no good if its a temp visa. Its a permanent only.

This is what Singapore Air told me

"Kindly be advised that extra baggage allowance request is dependent on a case to case basis and is subject to approval. Once you have a ticket, please provide us relevant documents concerning your migration status for verification.

You may wish to send scanned copies of the document/s to our email address contact@krisflyer-singaporeair.com.sg or you may fax to us at (65) 67898777.

Guest Guest6899
    This is what Singapore Air told me

"Kindly be advised that extra baggage allowance request is dependent on a case to case basis and is subject to approval. Once you have a ticket, please provide us relevant documents concerning your migration status for verification.

You may wish to send scanned copies of the document/s to our email address contact@krisflyer-singaporeair.com.sg or you may fax to us at (65) 67898777.

Hi mine didnt say this at all??

Guest Lou

We were allowed 30kg each as we are on a 457 visa, but our friends who also came on a different sort of temp visa were allowed the 40kg!

Hi

We were worried about this too, but had no problems. Our first flight as with bmi and were sure there was going to be a fight but didn't even need to show check in lady the email, she just started chatting! Was convinced we were going to have to get them to phone Singapore airlines, but she even said we could have brought more!

Gill x

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi,

Do you only get the 40kg if you haven't validated your visa and have a label in your passport?

We have just validated our visa just 3 weeks after being granted visa, didn't have time to get label. Can you get label put in passports after validation. I thought you automatically got extra allowance as you are migrating. Or am I wrong?

Really need to know, as we want to take as much as poss in cases.

Thanks in advance

April

Hi,

Do you only get the 40kg if you haven't validated your visa and have a label in your passport?

We have just validated our visa just 3 weeks after being granted visa, didn't have time to get label. Can you get label put in passports after validation. I thought you automatically got extra allowance as you are migrating. Or am I wrong?

Really need to know, as we want to take as much as poss in cases.

Thanks in advance

April

If your visa has been validated then you are not eligible for the excess baggage. Its unvalidated visas only (permanent ones but some others are lucky and get away with it).

Don't take it as a given ever. Just because someone on a temp visa gets 40kg from time to time doesn't mean everyone does. I've yet to hear of people getting the excess once their visa has been validated. Singapore Airlines are just about the only airline offering the excess now and they do require it should be a permanent visa and unvalidated. If you email them and ask you may get lucky but don't hold your breath. But your visa is all electronic and in the system so they can tell if you've activated it already iirc.