Guest nic-manchester

Garden Furniture/Fishing Equipment

Guest nic-manchester

Hello just wondered if anyone has shipped wooden garden furniture before?

We have a set of garden furniture a large table and bench, which has been left outside, although it has been treated each year (the chairs are like new in the shed)!!

Will it be okay to power wash it and treat it again before it goes, or is it likely to get stopped a customs clearance and they are going to want it cleaned professionally treated or something?

The set cost over £1000 just over a year ago, but don't want to have to pay extortionate amounts to customs sould they say it not up to scratch, any help.

Likewise with the fishing gear lots of expensive stuff collected over the years, we was going to strip all the line off and clean with Jeyes fluid??

Thanks Nicola

Hi

I have just steam cleaned all my fishing kit and washed every thing over with jeyes fluid. Also steam cleaned tools and washed with jeyes. When we had quotes from our shippers they asked if we were taking garden furniture and that it would need a good clean, power wash and disinfecting. But still would be left up to customs. Every thing is packed and listed and customs can pick out what they want or all of it. Wooden items, bikes and out door items are usually hi-lighted. This is what I am led to believe by my removal company. Shippers can advise when they come around for a quotation visit.

All the best

Clean it, varnish it and bring it. They're not that bad. We've done the journey twice and not had a problem. First time brought out a set of garden table and chairs (£500 new), wasn't in that good condition when we took it (though cleaned it and added a coat of varnish and looked ok) but no issues with customs. No idea about the fishing gear but i imagine it would be the same. Generally, if everything is clean and tidy when (and if) they open the odd box or two they'll send it through without a hitch.

Good luck from Adelaide where the weather was 31oC yesterday and 28oC today.........!!

Guest nic-manchester

Thanks guys we have made a start an everything stinks or horrid Keyes stuff, hopefully it wil still smell when they open it an will be ok

Cheers the weather just cheered me up no end :-0