Guest wyles family

container insurance please help!!!

Guest wyles family

Hi, can anyone tell us a cheap insuance company to use for the contents inside the container, is it better to use the shipping companies insurance or get a quote from someone else? thanks

We used Letton Percival and they were fab. Arranged the policy on the same day I rang them. better cover and cheaper than the shippers own insurance.

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/emigration-insurance/

Give them a ring and speak with Andrew, he will sort you out. Ours cost £340 for £25k worth of insurance. Worth every penny if something goes wrong.

sorry, its not Andrew its Ian....here are his details

Ian Harrison ACII

A Letton Percival & Co Ltd

The Old Malthouse

Trueman Street

Liverpool

L3 2BA

tel: 0151 236 4568

fax: 0151 255 0288

Guest gymnast11

Hi totally agree we are using letton percival they have been fab up to now and you get a month free storage too x

sorry, its not Andrew its Ian....here are his details

Ian Harrison ACII

A Letton Percival & Co Ltd

The Old Malthouse

Trueman Street

Liverpool

L3 2BA

tel: 0151 236 4568

fax: 0151 255 0288

Hi, we used the above to do our insurance for the container in May this year. Heaps cheaper than the removal firms, forms are a doddle to fill in. Just do your homework as some things are more expensive in Oz to replace than in the UK. Ian is very helpful!

Andrew

Guest keith&ju

Hi there

I'm just starting to look into removals/insurance and have been told that I need to value every single item I am taking with an Australian dollar replacement value. Is that true and what websites are there which I can check furniture and household stuff on to get a replacement for new value? And what about the stuff that doesn't have a value but are sentimental... how do you value that? Also who did you use to insure your possessions which you take with you en route like laptops etc for when you get off the plane before you can get contents insurance sorted?