Kimbo

We're here!

Well we've been here just a week yesterday - just about feeling "normal" sleep wise. George is already out at work - started today! I emailed loads of companies before we came out and this is one that came back to us, had an interview Monday and started today. So fingers crossed that continues.

Done all the usual stuff of medicare, tfn's, sorted bank, joined the library, new sim cards and girls into schools etc etc - just trying to sort a rental now in Hallett Cove - blimey agents are very economical with the truth and boy do they photoshop pictures on the net!!! Looked at some "interesting" property thats for sure:err:

Will keep you informed of how we get on.

Kim x

Guest Opportunities

Great to hear you guys are getting along so well! Good on you! Good luck with the rest...

CONGRATULATIONS - You seem to be well organised and settling in fine. Good luck with the rentals and hope you soon have somewhere to call 'home'.

Guest loopylisa

hiiii i also got here this week andnowherenearbeing organisedornormal sleep

Guest KP Nuts
    Well we've been here just a week yesterday - just about feeling "normal" sleep wise. George is already out at work - started today! I emailed loads of companies before we came out and this is one that came back to us, had an interview Monday and started today. So fingers crossed that continues.

Done all the usual stuff of medicare, tfn's, sorted bank, joined the library, new sim cards and girls into schools etc etc - just trying to sort a rental now in Hallett Cove - blimey agents are very economical with the truth and boy do they photoshop pictures on the net!!! Looked at some "interesting" property thats for sure:err:

Will keep you informed of how we get on.

Kim x

What happened to Seaford then????? lol

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi Kim,

Let me know what you think of Hallet Cove as we are planning to get a rental there next year so some first hand knowledge of the area would be great. Glad you are all settled xxxx

Zoe xx

congratulatons glad all is going well for you all...wot job dose george do?

Hi - George is a carpenter by trade but he's fitting double glazing at the mo!

Got a rental in Hallett Cove - right opposite Hallett Cove East Primary (which our youngest is going to) - move in next Friday - can't wait!

Hi - George is a carpenter by trade but he's fitting double glazing at the mo!

Got a rental in Hallett Cove - right opposite Hallett Cove East Primary (which our youngest is going to) - move in next Friday - can't wait!

hi who's he working for i'm a joiner but wouldn't mind fitting windows for a while !

hi who's he working for i'm a joiner but wouldn't mind fitting windows for a while !

Its a couple of English guys who have just set up their own firm - Australian Window Solutions - not sure if they're setting on as they've only been up and running a few weeks - but you never know!

Good luck

Why do so many Brits end up in Hallet Cove? They must outnumber Aussies by now surely!

I've been wondering about this too.

Guest SA Great
    I've been wondering about this too.

Thats why its called Little Britain. I deliver there and I reckon 75% of people that answer the door are poms...and I'm not joking

Guest cables

Sounds like you're settling in fine, hope we can too when we 'eventually' get there! Good to hear about the Windows as hubby has worked in PVC for 20 years, and wasn't sure if it was something they did over there... thought it would be mostly wooden! Hope it all goes well for you and your family

Guest willfam
    Sounds like you're settling in fine, hope we can too when we 'eventually' get there! Good to hear about the Windows as hubby has worked in PVC for 20 years, and wasn't sure if it was something they did over there... thought it would be mostly wooden! Hope it all goes well for you and your family

FYI most here windows are aluminium.

cheers