Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve

mortgages

Guest steve

Hi there everybody is there anybody out there who can advise me on getting amortgage.I was just wonderring what the situation is on migrants going to Adelaide on an a 495 temporary visa.What I want to know, is can I get a mortgage within the first year of arriving in Australia or do I have to wait untull I`am a permanant resident.The reason I ask is house prices are steadilly rising.Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks Steve & Lorraine:unsure:

Hi Steve & Lorraine,

We are also a temporary visa (496), we spoke to a financial advisor when on our reccie and weren't told there would be any problems in obtaining a mortgage. The information we were given was that you have to be in full time employment for 1 day and commonwealth bank will give you a mortgage, other companies start coming on board the longer you are employed ie 3/6/12 months.

The full time employment must be permanent not casual or temporary and not within a probationary period either.

Hope this helps, no doubt others will give you their experiences to help you out too, especially the ones who have already arrived (so their information will be more up to date, the luck people that they are).