Sign in to follow this  
Guest tootall74

bournemouth dorset

Guest tootall74

we are a couple who live in bournemouth at the minute 37/38 years old,heading over soon and was wondering if anyone else in the area is doing the same,if so maybe meet up for a drink or something,or let us know what ya up to????????????????????????

Guest guest7008

Hi There!!

We are a family from Bournemouth (ish!!) we live in Barton on Sea, bout 20 mins from Bournemouth, my o/h Shane grew up/lived in Southbourne etc till I lured him to Barton!! We have our PR Visas, waiting to go - just waiting to sell house!! Great to hear from someone local!!!

Guest bidsandrew

Hi we are a family of 4 in Blandford Forum, lived in Bournemouth and Poole for many years before heading out to the countryside!!! Looks like we are going in 6 weeks - so so scary now. All happened a bit quick, sold house within 4 weeks of putting it on the market and our first time buyers want to complete on the 28th Oct, its all go go go!! My best friend lives in Barton on Sea! Where abouts are you guys going in Adelaide? We are struggling to secure short term rental because of the time of year but im sure we will get there in the end. Would be good to meet up if we have time before we go? Bridget

I used to live in Shaftesbury and work in Bournemouth. God I miss it. Plan to move back to the Bournemouth area at some point.

Guest bidsandrew

Leigh, you make us worried!! how long have you been in Aus and why do you want to come back? I know everyone has their own experience but it is nice to hear why it did work for people and why it didnt!

Leigh, you make us worried!! how long have you been in Aus and why do you want to come back? I know everyone has their own experience but it is nice to hear why it did work for people and why it didnt!

Well don't be worried, I should have explained a little more. I'm an Architectural Technician, and in the UK I worked in conservation architecture most of the time, as I love doing conversions of old buildings, and although I knew there wouldn't be any call for that out there, I didn't realise how much I'd dislike working on new buildings.

I've been here a little over a year now, and today we have a trip down to Victor Harbor and it reminded me why I love South Australia so much. It's just that I (like many) spend 75% of my life at work, and if you're not happy it can have an affect. If I could find a job in conservation architecture here, I'd be extremely happy.

I also think that I have forgotten the reasons why I wanted to come here in the first place, but I don't plan on moving back to the UK in the forseeable future, I just do miss the outstanding Dorset countryside and buildings.

Adelaide is an amazing place, especially today when the sun is shining!!

Guest guest7008
    Hi we are a family of 4 in Blandford Forum, lived in Bournemouth and Poole for many years before heading out to the countryside!!! Looks like we are going in 6 weeks - so so scary now. All happened a bit quick, sold house within 4 weeks of putting it on the market and our first time buyers want to complete on the 28th Oct, its all go go go!! My best friend lives in Barton on Sea! Where abouts are you guys going in Adelaide? We are struggling to secure short term rental because of the time of year but im sure we will get there in the end. Would be good to meet up if we have time before we go? Bridget

Hi, Blandford!! My o/h family came from there - lived there for years then moved back to bournemouth a couple of years ago!! A small world !! Your timeframe is same as ours - started process Jan - visa beginning of July!! We would be there NOW but trying to sell bloody house!! Would be great for us to meet up!! Do you have kids etc?? Let us know if you fancy a coffee etc up at Barton Seafront!!! Be great to chit chat about the big move!! Helen