Guest guest569

Australia v Ireland

Hubby will be dragging himself out of bed (its his lie in morning) to watch this. Not often he gets a chance to cheer the Wallabies on. And at least they are not playing England therefore making it a tense atmosphere in our house. And usually resulting in England going to the final in more recent RWC's :biglaugh:

It's the match of the tournament so far. Way closer on playing terms. Australia are young and pretty fearless. Ireland have experience and an in form fit BOD and one or two others.

Guest gymnast11

Good game just watching it now enjoy x Michelle c

A big clash tonight. Suport the green and gold.:notworthy:

Well it just shows how lightweight the Aussie forward pack is and as for Quaid Cooper well words are at a loss fog his performance!! The ref also had a bas game just like he did for the England game. All in all out muscled and Ireland had more intensity.

Ireland played very well and deserved the win, but I still think Australia will have no trouble with the USA or Russia games, and Italy/Ireland will be an interesting northern hemisphere contest, just means that the Wallabies may have to meete South Africa sooner rather than later, but the Welsh gave the South Africans a bit of a scare so no-one (oh okay, maybe the All Blacks) is looking invincible this year.

samoa will be the team to avoid !!!

I'll postpone judgement on that till after they've played Wales today...

Guest nic lavidan

The Aussie team looked truly shocked at the end of that game! Nice to see the unexpected happening. Get bored with same old thing, really hope SA don't win/aren't in the final again. They did not used to award all those penalties I am sure. Think I must have a missed a few rounds of rule changes over the years. Definitely prefer rugby league, but enjoying the RWC nonetheless.

Guest irishalec

brilliant for Ireland..making the route to the final a lot easier!!