Online Visa application help !!

Guest vicky_1970

Guest vicky_1970

I have started completing my visa application online and understand that both my husband and I will have to submit a Form 80 "Personal Particulars for Character assessment".

Do you know if this has to be submitted as a hardcopy ? Also are there any other forms which need to be submitted as well as the online application ?

Also couple of questions re Form 80 :

* It asks you to provide details of all passports ever issued to you - I have no chance with this - think I have the last 2 - is that ok ?

* Asks you to put contacts in australia - is that friends ? Does it make a difference if you don't put any down ?

Finally there is a section on "details of intended visit to australia" - how do you complete that until you have been issued a visa ??

Any help would be gratefully accepted - thanks.

Vicky

Guest Adelaide_bound
I have started completing my visa application online and understand that both my husband and I will have to submit a Form 80 "Personal Particulars for Character assessment".

Do you know if this has to be submitted as a hardcopy ? Also are there any other forms which need to be submitted as well as the online application ?

You don't nec. have to do one - some COs want it, some don't - I did mine before we got a CO, then when we got a CO she did ask for it from both of us, and it turned out the one I had already filled in was an old version or something, so had to do another anyway. We just printed it out, filled it in, scanned it back in and uploaded it via the Document uploader thingy. You will also need to fill in your Health Forms for when you go get your meds done, but again your CO will ask you to go get your meds done and give you a link to the correct forms. We didn't fill in any other forms.

Also couple of questions re Form 80 :

* It asks you to provide details of all passports ever issued to you - I have no chance with this - think I have the last 2 - is that ok ?

We only put the details of our current passports (and I only just got a new one a couple of months ago when we got married and I changed my name), no details of the three others or something I've had over the years (all expired). Didn't cause any hassles at all.

* Asks you to put contacts in australia - is that friends ? Does it make a difference if you don't put any down ?

Didn't stop us getting our 176 issued :) Wasn't mentioned at all.

Finally there is a section on "details of intended visit to australia" - how do you complete that until you have been issued a visa ??

We put 'permanent migration' and the place where we are going to stay just put 'unknown' in that bit, as we don't know yet!

Hope that helps a bit :) Good luck :)