Guest D&L

Where to buy Heinz puddings in a tin?

Guest D&L

Hi all

Hoping someone on here knows where I can get some of those Heinz puddings in a tin......doesn't really matter what flavour, as I'm more interested in the tin they come in - I reuse the tins to do individual cakes.

If I can't get any here, my poor brother is going to be tasked with bringing me empty tins when he comes to visit! LOL

Thanks in advance

D&L

Guest guest3462

I think they sell them in the UK lolly shop on jetty road in Glenelg!!

Guest loopylisa

Sorry to jump on the back of this but can you also get robinsons squash there or anyone know where you can? or recommend a cordial which is similar ie blackcurrant sugar free. no suitable products found in coles marion.

Guest D&L

churchj1 - thanks for that, I did wonder about them but couldn't remember what the shop was called!

mydearboy - they have been around for years (in the UK at least)! Admittedly, they're only ok once in a while......I used to love them when I was in my teens though!

loopylisa - I know what you mean about there being no suitable replacements for Robinson's squash! We've had some pretty vile squashes recently, but you live and learn ;)

Guest Trakki

You can get puddings in tins in woolworths, not the brand you are looking for but same size tins

Guest D&L

Trakki - that's even better! Was thinking the price would be somewhat astronomical on the Heinz ones! Right, will have a look next time I'm in there.

churchj1 - thanks for that, I did wonder about them but couldn't remember what the shop was called!

mydearboy - they have been around for years (in the UK at least)! Admittedly, they're only ok once in a while......I used to love them when I was in my teens though!

loopylisa - I know what you mean about there being no suitable replacements for Robinson's squash! We've had some pretty vile squashes recently, but you live and learn ;)

Not having a go at them D&L, just never heard of them never saw them in UK and the though of them just amused me lol :)

Guest D&L

mydearboy - I know, they are a pretty amusing concept! I was just thinking that they've been around at least 15yrs in the UK.......I used to have them all the time and then stopped as they got expensive. Then we had them last year as I wanted the tins and was pretty disappointed!! But the tins were great for the xmas cakes. I'm now kicking myself for binning the tins as we were packing (weirdly saved 2 xmas pudding bowls, tho!) as now we're going to have to eat more of the damned things! LOL

mydearboy - I know, they are a pretty amusing concept! I was just thinking that they've been around at least 15yrs in the UK.......I used to have them all the time and then stopped as they got expensive. Then we had them last year as I wanted the tins and was pretty disappointed!! But the tins were great for the xmas cakes. I'm now kicking myself for binning the tins as we were packing (weirdly saved 2 xmas pudding bowls, tho!) as now we're going to have to eat more of the damned things! LOL

i now really have to see 1 of these things im still amazed lol

They've been around for years in Australia too, just a different brand to Heinz. Woolies have them. Useful when camping. Wouldn't go near them normally...

Guest D&L

Hmm, I'm not holding out much hope for the Aussie version being better than the Heinz ones now! Ah well, I just need 2 tins.....

Guest D&L

I'm the same, it's just that I want the tins they come in! I've not seen any proper cake tins the size I want, so it's tinned pudding or no tins!

Where is the little Britain shopping centre Leigh?

It's my nickname for Hallett Cove. Sorry, if I got you excited about a huge British shopping centre lol.

I was just thinking that they've been around at least 15yrs in the UK.......

Try over 30 years and you'd be closer to the mark :biggrin: They were a staple when I was a kid that's for sure.

Guest D&L
    Try over 30 years and you'd be closer to the mark :biggrin: They were a staple when I was a kid that's for sure.

I'll take your word for it.....I'm not yet 30 myself! :biggrin: