Guest Ryan T. Lion

Is this the correct place for UK Police checks? (Teaching)

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Howdy all.

My Mrs is trying to get herself teaching over here and just got her qualifications OK'd by the TRB.

We now need a UK Police Check carried out within the last 12 months. Her UK school that she left in July did one when she joined in 2001, but not since.

I've tracked down this link - is it the correct one?

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

If so - their "standard service" takes 2 weeks, everyone else has talked about police checks taking 40 days...... What gives?

Hope you can help - thanks all

Ryan.

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    Hi, can't you use the police check you had to get for your visa......

Didn't do one - we're on a 457 visa. Didn't do medicals either. Cheers.

Guest Coleen&Darren

Hi Ryan

Yep thats the one my husband and I done them costs around £40 and only takes a couple of weeks to come back

Coleen

Guest Roo1

I did mine a little differently. I downloaded the form and sent it to Greater Manchester Police as this is where I last lived. I sent a cheque for 10 pounds (i still have a UK cheque book). It took 4 weeks to come back to me here in Adelaide. Theres an email address on my police check form if you need to get in touch with them for anything.

subjectaccess@acro.pnn.police.uk

Cheers

Judi

Guest jamdon

I got one two years ago ,i went in to the police station and asked for a police check and it cost £10 and it only took 10 days

Guest pixie7
    Howdy all.

My Mrs is trying to get herself teaching over here and just got her qualifications OK'd by the TRB.

We now need a UK Police Check carried out within the last 12 months. Her UK school that she left in July did one when she joined in 2001, but not since.

I've tracked down this link - is it the correct one?

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

If so - their "standard service" takes 2 weeks, everyone else has talked about police checks taking 40 days...... What gives?

Hope you can help - thanks all

Ryan.

Hi Ryan yep that is the correct link- the' police checks' schools use in UK are CRB checks- slightly difference and do take longer. She will need a proper police check by ACPO- good luck! Would love to know how she does at finding working as we are coming over in Jan