Guest Ryan T. Lion

Buying a plasma telly TONIGHT - any shop recommendations?

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hi all

It's late night shopping in the 'burbs - and I'm in the market for a new telly.

Was gonna stop by the Good Guys in Edwardstown.... I also need to hit Ikea so any near there would be good.

Are there any other out-of-town big electrical retailers that should be on my hit list tonight??

Thanks all

We've always bought our tellies from Myers...I know that might see a bit priccy - but they have always done us a good deal and have been cheaper than Good Guys and Harvey Norman

Sarah

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    We've always bought our tellies from Myers...I know that might see a bit priccy - but they have always done us a good deal and have been cheaper than Good Guys and Harvey Norman

Sarah

Hi - just had a quick look - their top 10 most popular sellers range from $1,199 to $4,699

I'm looking to spend $700 tops!

Might go check em' out though

Thanks!

RTL

Guest Ryan T. Lion

I like Plasma - films look more 'organic' on a plasma. Blacks are (more) black, and the viewing angle is much better. Our lounge isn't too bright either, so we're cool.

The LED ones are pretty good - but more expensive I reckon. We may take this TV back to the UK too - which will mean the built in tuner not working, might be damaged in transit too - need to keep it cheap n' cheerful generally. 40"+ plasmas are a steal right now.

This is my route:

- JB Hifi at Oaklands Park at the Marion Centre (looks pretty cheap on their website)

- Harvey Norman on Marion Rd (seen some managers specials at the City Cross store - so I'm hoping for more of that)

- Good Guys on South Rd in Edwardstown.

I looked at Radio Rental's website - but they were $100 more expensive the GG's on a 43" Samsung (model number PS43D450 - rrp $849, RRs $749, and GG's $649).

LG 50 INCH Plasmas seem to be going for around

750 lately,we just got 2 in work and they are fantastic,cost 740 each,bargain.

Guest eager6

We bought 52inch Samsung from JBHifi $719 BARGAIN and it is fab picture.Bought last week.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hi all

Thanks for the advice.

Didn't want to go 3D etc as I wanted to keep it as cheap as possible because if we return to the UK and take it - it will just be "a screen" because the built in tuner won't work.

In the end I got the 43" Samsung I mentioned earlier - for $500 cash. It was a 're-pack', one they'd opened by mistake - still had all the plastic films on the screen etc - never used.

Sweet deal I think. Picture is great - blacks are black and I'm a happy chappy.

Cooooooool

ps Just a tip: Harvey Norman Marion have an LG 43" LED (100hz!) TV for $699 - reduced from $1400 - extremely sweet if you're after an LED....