Guest bidsandrew

PSS or Pickfords?

Guest bidsandrew

We have had 4 quotes from shipping companies but it has come down to PSS or Pickfords. What is everyones thoughts on the two? I know everyone has different experiences but we just cant decide between the two.

Cheers

Bridget

Guest theclarkes

we used John Mason, they were brilliant and container turned up over a week early!! 6 weeks!

Hi Bridget, We used Pickfords when we came over last October, They did a good job although you will have to keep your eye on them when they are packing, they didn't bring any packing boxs for suits and coats and wanted to pack them in small boxs. other than that they came ontime and delivered to the door, unpacked all the big items, and came back to remove the packing cases of the items we unpacked ourselves.

My sister used PSS and she was very happy with them.

Good luck

Les

Guest leeannekays

Hi All, We are just doing shipping quotes now so will have a look at the ones mentioned. We cant decide on whether to take our car or not. Its a Polo TDI. Our house is on the market at the moment. We are flying 25th April 2012

We cant decide on whether to take our car or not. Its a Polo TDI. Our house is on the market at the moment. We are flying 25th April 2012

If its pretty new (older than 1 year at time of move) it might be worth bringing it. Be aware VW isn't a big make in Aus, but there would be places to repair/service it I am sure. Not sure about price of parts etc, expensive enough over here.

Have a read over on PIO about importing a car to Aus.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97053-transporting-your-car-oz-everything-you-need-know.html

Personally, I think for that type of small car its a lot of hassle and maybe not worth the costs.

PSS arrived at 7.30am on Wednesday and were away by 1.00. Our stuff was packed into 82 boxes/items and is still only 1/2 of a 20 foot container! No idea when we'll be reunited - hopefully its in time for Christmas.

The 2 men who packed everything were pleasant,helpful and very thorough - I would recommend them. My daughter also used them 5 years ago (we didn't realise that when we chose them) John Mason gave a good estimate but PSS is based only 20 minutes from us so seemed a good choice.

Guest The Dimmocks

We used pickfords and they did a great job packing our stuff up and unpacking at the other end.

We used Pickfords, and they were the best in everyway. We had a 40ft container. Goods got here all in one piece.

No breakages at all.

Guest kiwiinusa

I would not use the same company again as I used for a move from UK to USA and things went well enough on the UK end, but then everything changed. They delivered an airfreight shipment 3 weeks late and initially to the wrong address, that was a nightmare as it had our daughters stuff in it we needed immediately on our arrival. Then the conditions of delivery changed and it all became very messy. They outsource the foreign country work and so have no control over quality, and that was a mess too. The office staff did not seem to care at all once they were paid and it all became very stressful, something you really don't need when you are trying to move countries. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Please PM me for details.