Guest Al+nic

Nmc registration

Guest Al+nic

I am moving to Adelaide in December with my husband and 3 children. My husband has a job in the CBD and i am a registered nurse working in the community but hope to get a job once the kids are settled at school possibly feb time . Can anyone tell me what i should do about my registration fees whether to keep registered in uk how to get registered in Australia. THANKS NICOLA:confused:

Guest RobJ1978

Hi, congrat's on the move!

You will need to register with AHPRA, they have a website and it has a frm on there for overseas registration. (i think you need to get certificates etc certified by Justice of the Peace). In term of UK registration, i don't know about that. I dont know whether not paying uk fee's means you are no longer on the register so are unable to work back in the uk if you come back. I premsume it will be the same as oz and you would just reapply and use you current oz registration as proof of continuing to be on the register.....but i have always been told not to presume.

Good luck.x.x..x

It would be advisable to start paperwork now for Registration as you do need to sit IELTS Exam too. Once you have registered you can possibly get a job with RDNS which is community focused. Try not go with Focus the private arm as it's very hard going . Hope this helps . More than happy to help you . elaineallanw@yahoo.com.au is my e-mail address if you need support. I'm from Dundee .

Regards

Elainexx

Guest Peachie

Just fill in the overseas reg form and pay would check out the requirements ie record of hours work (needed for pay scale here and what refs you need ect) the register in the kids summer hols just before your ready to look for work as for uk I wouldn't bother to continue uk registration once you quit in uk as all you need do to reregister (should you return) is a ref from your last aussie employer and proof that you have gained enough clinical hours so don't need retraining

Guest Al+nic
    It would be advisable to start paperwork now for Registration as you do need to sit IELTS Exam too. Once you have registered you can possibly get a job with RDNS which is community focused. Try not go with Focus the private arm as it's very hard going . Hope this helps . More than happy to help you . elaineallanw@yahoo.com.au is my e-mail address if you need support. I'm from Dundee .

Regards

Elainexx

Thanks Elaine for that i will get on to it, funnily enough i am from Dundee too but have lived in Dunfermline for the last 12 years. How do you like living in AUSTRALIA? Did it take you long to settle. regards Nicola

Guest jackbunny
    I am moving to Adelaide in December with my husband and 3 children. My husband has a job in the CBD and i am a registered nurse working in the community but hope to get a job once the kids are settled at school possibly feb time . Can anyone tell me what i should do about my registration fees whether to keep registered in uk how to get registered in Australia. THANKS NICOLA:confused:
    Hi, fortunately for you as from the 19th September you no longer need the IELTS if you were taught and assessed in English for 5 years.

I too am a registered nurse i failed the IELTS 3 times by half a point on the reading! I have had to send a letter asking to be assessed under the new ruling, this will go to panel the first week of October. Then we will be ready to go as visas are waiting to be activated as soon as i get registered with AHPRA.

If you go on the AHPRA website you can find out all you need to know, you can also email them and they will answer your questions.

Good luck Alison

Guest Al+nic

THANKS Alison thats good to know one less thing to do. Best of luck hope you hear good news soon. Nicola