England v scotland

steveliane

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest8876
Where's everyone going to be watching scotland get beat this sunday? We'll probably be in seacliff hotel.

My first post! Hi guys. I'm looking for somewhere to watch the game. Shame about yesterday....

Where's everyone going to be watching scotland get beat this sunday? We'll probably be in seacliff hotel.

:biggrin: in the comfort of my own home with a big bottle of wine, bowl of crisps and plenty of dips - oh and mobile phone to hand to tet my scottish rugby loving friend in Sydney lolol! Or maybe in the City at the Coopers Alehouse (great atmosphere there)...if I can persuade OH to come with me this time!

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck in - you have a good time though, mate.

As much as I'd like England to win, I don't mind as unlike football, they don't moan all the time. A good example was Andy Robinson after the Argentina game. Mind you, it is a little funny that he's English!

Cooler

Why call people dick heads?

I have feelings you know

Yep, a bit of banter is ok but please refrain from personal insults or I'll have to get my big red pen out and start issuing infractions!

If anyone is seriously offended by something in a post, don't forget the "Report" button - it looks like a little warning triangle at the bottom of a post. I don't want to be heavyhanded - especially in sports-related threads where friendly banter is the order of the day - but the last thing we want is for anyone to be upset - so report anything you genuinely feel offended by and us mods will deal accordingly!

Now can someone clever please lay out clearly the ramifications of the England Scotland game this weekend:

What do Scotland need to win by to get through to the quarters, or does it depend on the Arg/Georgia score?

If Scotland win, and Arg win, do they both go through and England doesn't?

Am I right that it's 3 points for a win, and 1 for getting four tries? Does a losing team scoring 4 tries also get the bonus point? Can you get more than 4 points in any way in a game? If all three teams end up on 14 points, will it come down to goal difference?

Current goal differences (for and against) are Scotland 18, Argentina 32 England 99 - and England are currently on 14 points, Scotland and Argentina on 10 each. So England could let Scotland beat them, and still go through?

Just need to get the ramifications sorted out in my head, if anyone can help?

Guest Squareman

If Scotland and Argentina both win, with bonus points, and ingerlind don't qualify for a losing bonus point, then they will be out.

There is an extremely slim chance of this happening, but being Scottish, it is a hope I'm clinging on to....... :cool:

If it doesn't go according to plan, at least I'll have my 'Wee Book Of Excuses For Losing At Rugby' to fall back on.

I thought it was 3 points for a win, but I'm wrong:

Here's the scoring system..

Under the standard system, points are awarded as follows:

• 4 points for a win.
  • 2 points for a draw.
  • 1 "bonus" point for scoring 4 tries (or more).
  • 1 "bonus" point for losing by 7 points (or fewer).

I thought it was 3 points for a win, but I'm wrong:

Here's the scoring system..

Under the standard system, points are awarded as follows:

• 4 points for a win.
  • 2 points for a draw.
  • 1 "bonus" point for scoring 4 tries (or more).
  • 1 "bonus" point for losing by 7 points (or fewer).

Standard Rugby point scoring system!!?!!! :)

Guest Squareman

The South Africans, Kiwis, Australians and the French certainly don't have anything to fear from ingerland and at the same time, they don't like you. Likewise, if ingerland played any of these nations, it would be the underdog, yet most people around the world would still want to see you lose.

Kinda blows you theories out of the water....

Squareman, you're bordering in getting offensive now. How you can say the whole world hates England is beyond me. The team that plays best on the day should win. England has plenty of supporters - they have a good team and many players from around the world aspire to play for the England team. For goodness sake, if you personally hate the English so much, keep it to yourself. Racism doesn't just have to be against minorities.

Guest Squareman

I didn't say I hated the english. Some of my best mates are english. I'll be watching the game with several english guys on Saturday. All I'm saying is that if you ask your typical South African, Aussie or Frenchman if they like to see england lose, they would most probably say yes. Feel free to prove me wrong.

More importantly, we're talking sport in the Barbie forum. This isn't meant to be serious. You know me better than that ;-)