England v scotland

steveliane

I didn't say I hated the english. Some of my best mates are english. I'll be watching the game with several english guys on Saturday. All I'm saying is that if you ask your typical South African, Aussie or Frenchman if they like to see england lose, they would most probably say yes. Feel free to prove me wrong.

More importantly, we're talking sport in the Barbie forum. This isn't meant to be serious. You know me better than that ;-)

You're starting to sound like a bigoted South Australian now who says "I support Port, and any team playing against the Crows".... I think if you did a spot check of the crowd at any match in the RWC at the moment, you would find plenty of "neutrals" supporting England when they play - as I said, they have an excellent team, with some talented individuals, and they are capable of playing extremely good rugby. If you also went onto the England Rugby Facebook page and took time to read the posted comments, you would find a lot of support for the England team from all nationalities - apart from those individuals that are unable to see beyond their own bigotry.... I think you are wrong in your comment that most South Africans, Aussies and Frenchmen like to see England lose - you might be more accurate to say they hate to lose to England, with which statement I would agree!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squareman

@ Steveliane - very insightful pal, but just like the england rugby team allows foreign born players in its ranks like Shontaye Hape, Alex Corbisierio, Manu Tuilagi, Adebayo, Shaw, Flutey, Harley etc, I think its ok for me to post on here.

@ Diane - I really think you are making all of that up. You need to learn to live with your afflictions. Embrace them.....

Guest Squareman

I don't dispute that at all Steve! The scottish team has more kiwis in it than scots! LOL. I was referrencing your comment about the name of this site, against what I was saying.

Guest Squareman

Steve, I disagree with you on that one. England fans have been well known to give it the 'sweaty' treatment and I have experienced many, many occasions where english people have supported the other team. You may even recall more prominent examples of this happening e.g the European football championships where the england team were filmed by the BBC, going nuts when Holland scored against scotland. If you say you don't do it, then I accept that, but you are in the minority.

Guest Colin Taylor

Lost my job on Friday, but inbetween looking for another I'm keeping myself amused reading this.

lovin the banter, its keeping a smile on my face, keep it up all !!!

By the way, mon Scotland !!!

Steve, I disagree with you on that one. England fans have been well known to give it the 'sweaty' treatment and I have experienced many, many occasions where english people have supported the other team. You may even recall more prominent examples of this happening e.g the European football championships where the england team were filmed by the BBC, going nuts when Holland scored against scotland. If you say you don't do it, then I accept that, but you are in the minority.

Like I said me and the people I know support the home nations like when ireland played australia I couldn't help but cheer the irish.

and let's all keep our thick skin.

andrew bolt ftw!

All I'm saying is that if you ask your typical South African, Aussie or Frenchman if they like to see england lose, they would most probably say yes. Feel free to prove me wrong.

)

That would be because of the historical ties between the nations no doubt. The scots dont really have much of that ......apart from england!:wink:

I would say your mistaken imo!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Cornish NOT english

Oppp no point in wrinting in kernewk cause you wouldnt understand it, forgot what forum i was on for a second lol lol lol.

Gwrys yn kernow. lol lol lol lol