Guest teamV

Recreation time

Guest teamV

Basically how do you all fill your weekends now your in Australia,this year weve been doing a lot more than we usually do ,I think we have been to 5 british superbike meetings ,the motogp at silverstone,the IOM TT races , a classic motocross , red marley hill climb and loads of other things,camping at haven parks,camping in france, yesterday we went to blackpool pleasure beach ,,this is more than we have ever done before and we have tried to do as much as we can this year, before we fly out to Adelaide next year.

So how do you fill your weekends other than working, we have 2 young lads Glenn will be 5 and Alex 18 months when we arrive,Ive never been fishing ,but that dosn't mean we wouldn't enjoy it and are camping has been easier type, with an electric hook up and kids entertainment.

We were just sat winding down last night ,the kids were in bed and it just sort of dawned on us,what will our weekends be like once we move,

Kev.

Basically how do you all fill your weekends now your in Australia,this year weve been doing a lot more than we usually do ,I think we have been to 5 british superbike meetings ,the motogp at silverstone,the IOM TT races , a classic motocross , red marley hill climb and loads of other things,camping at haven parks,camping in france, yesterday we went to blackpool pleasure beach ,,this is more than we have ever done before and we have tried to do as much as we can this year, before we fly out to Adelaide next year.

So how do you fill your weekends other than working, we have 2 young lads Glenn will be 5 and Alex 18 months when we arrive,Ive never been fishing ,but that dosn't mean we wouldn't enjoy it and are camping has been easier type, with an electric hook up and kids entertainment.

We were just sat winding down last night ,the kids were in bed and it just sort of dawned on us,what will our weekends be like once we move,

Kev.

It really depends on what your into of course there is the beach which makes a regular weekly appearance, daily in the summer which your boys will love. There is always activities and festivals, shows and rallys. If your into the surfing you can join the surf live saving clubs, SES all sorts of clubs to keep you busy and of course the weekly barbie with your friends.

If your into motorbiking you can join sabers which is a motorbiking group that my husband has been to a few times and done a couple of road trips too through this group. http://www.farriders.com/

My husband has a few videos on here if it helps..

The list is endless really you will just have to wait until you get here to fiqure out what you want to do.

By the way loved the TT went twice :-)

Hope that helps

Michelle

Guest teamV
    It really depends on what your into of course there is the beach which makes a regular weekly appearance, daily in the summer which your boys will love. There is always activities and festivals, shows and rallys. If your into the surfing you can join the surf live saving clubs, SES all sorts of clubs to keep you busy and of course the weekly barbie with your friends.

If your into motorbiking you can join sabers which is a motorbiking group that my husband has been to a few times and done a couple of road trips too through this group. http://www.farriders.com/

My husband has a few videos on here if it helps..

The list is endless really you will just have to wait until you get here to fiqure out what you want to do.

By the way loved the TT went twice :-)

Hope that helps

Michelle

Thanks Michelle ,is does sort of help and the far riders looks great ,but I've just sold my honda pan european,so I would need another bike,but what I'm really looking for is things as a family not just me going off on a weekend ,things to plan and do together.Ive already made contact with some SA vintage scooter clubs ,so as you say with riding my old lambretta's and drinking thats me sorted ,

Its just what to as a family ,the beach is great but not every weekend ,hopefully the kids will join clubs and get involved with different sports as time goes on .I just love planing things to do and at the moment I'm a bit lost as how we will fill our weekends ,without just siting in the garden.So things we like are motorsport events ,camping and as you've put,festivals, shows and rallys,we just need names and dates to get us started

Kev.

Guest Peachie

well I not miss the TT as its no where near as good as it used to be I used to love the whole atmosphere and even caught a bit of racing now and again if dragged out of Bushys!!

as for my weekend I work about half of them and stuck doing DIY the other half bloody sick of the inside of bunnings thu the snags keep the kids quiet!!!

hopefully house will be done by dec......not sure which year tho

try having a look at these http://www.discoversouthaustralia.net.au/ www.southaustralia.com ..... in the summer our weekends are spent down the beach as our son is into the nippers program and this year he will eligible to enter carnivals so it will be training on saturdays and a few sundays for carnival...the rest of the time we are either back down the beach or at the outdoor pool in marion or playing at one of the local park....on the odd occasion we do pay for weekend entertainment we might go to the beach house in glenelg, dolphin watching at port adelaide or belair national park..

Jo

Hi,

When my kids were younger, every weekend seemed to be a rush of sporting activities followed by lovely drinks or bbqs with friends. Assuming your littlie is into joining of the many clubs/sports/activities on offer, I wouldn't worry about how to fill your weekends with family stuff, rather worry you won't have time for your own!

Otherwise I think you have the same opportunities here for family time as anywhere else, except SA does also have quite a few smaller things going on, you know, fairs, expo's, parks, beaches, the zoo, wildlife attractions and plenty of camping sites, although you hvae to check for kids clubs.

And sand racing (Ponde) if they still do it is lots of fun for a day. Or Tyke's favourite (no, not the Sexpo!) the cow racing!

LC

Our kids are a bit older but most weekends are taken up with school sport and club sport, and taking son to his mates for band practice, or daughter to a singing concert...for younger ones you can head into the hills for family walk and to spot the koalas (Morialta is lovely, as is Belair Park); head to one of the beaches or the outdoor pools (free bbqs); in the winter head to the south coast for a bit of whale spotting, take the family bikes out for a ride through the park (no cars, safe cycle paths) - we've ridden to a local par 3 golf course, had a round and an ice cream, then ridden home again; if you're lucky, one of your neighbours might have a shack somewhere they'll invite you to - either on the river or the coast; go into the city for one of the free festivals - I think the Cheesefest is coming up soon, and during the Fringe there are loads of things to go to, plus there's the Mela (Indian food and entertainment) and all sorts of other cultural fetivals like that; then there's weekends camping - Second Valley, Yorke Peninsula, Victor Harbor, Melrose... to name but a few; and sports events to go and watch - football, tennis, cricket, netball, beach volleyball...

We find ourselves having to be quite selective about what we do, as otherwise there'd be no time to get the shopping, cooking, washiing and ironing done!! (LOL House tidying has aleady fallen by the wayside - as anyone that knows me will tell you!)