Guest edenfieldpoms

Anybody around port noarlunga- want a chat?

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi, we are looking at moving out in jan 2013 and wondered if anyone wanted a chat.

We are april(40) hairdresser, will(45) wall & floor tiler, Charlotte aged 11 and Daniel aged 4.

It would be nice to ave a friend or two when we get out there, love Adelaide and can't wait to get out there

Ta april

You will love port noarlunga we do.

Enjoy the build up, bring everything and if your shipping stuff out, I'll have some of tips.

If you fancy a cold one when you all get here, we live just around a corner

Summer is on it's way, well as soon as this rain goes.

Port Noarlunga is gorgeous!We are moving there next month and can't wait.We are always up for a cold one [as you know only to well Ratters]Good luck with it all and try and enjoy the ride!:cool:

Guest edenfieldpoms
    You will love port noarlunga we do.

Enjoy the build up, bring everything and if your shipping stuff out, I'll have some of tips.

If you fancy a cold one when you all get here, we live just around a corner

Summer is on it's way, well as soon as this rain goes.

Thanks ratters for that, a cold one sounds really good! We are bringing everything we can including car. Any tips you have would be gratefuly appreciated.

Ta april

Make sure you clean it all and bring everything you can,

If it does not work here,most things do, you at least tried to save yourself some cash.

Have friends who have brought cArs, jury is out on the hassle in bringing them.

If I could being anything it would be whole nut chocolat and walkers crisps..PG tips are sadly missed..

April, bed clothing is a painin the rear finding for your UK quilt and mattress, so bring plenty.

We brought all out wordily goods and loved getting tthe container back here in OZ, it was like Xmas wih it the bother of looking for itmes we liked. We already knew we liked it all.

Go and buy some new plates cups and the things you like, choice is greater at places in the Uk, but it's all available here but seems dearer.

Then fingers x the boat don't sink and to will soon be here..

PM if you need anything

I wish we'd left a few things behind because they don't fit with the house we have or what we want in the future. Also we I'd got rid of the fridge/freezer as the hole in the kitchen is too short for ours! Apart from that I agree about the Walkers crisps!

There's not a great deal I miss as you can get almost everything here - I was told before we moved that you couldn't get cider but I've had no problem and tried the delicious Adelaide Hills cider last weekend.

We used Pickfords to move our things over - didn't rate the Service in the UK but it has been excellent here and only one thing broken which Hubby can fix. (Good job as I thought he'd sorted out the insurance and he thought I'd done it - oops!!)

Let me know if you have any queries!

Jo

Guest Django
    Hi, we are looking at moving out in jan 2013 and wondered if anyone wanted a chat.

We are april(40) hairdresser, will(45) wall & floor tiler, Charlotte aged 11 and Daniel aged 4.

It would be nice to ave a friend or two when we get out there, love Adelaide and can't wait to get out there

Ta april

Hi April,

We are just down the road at the moment in Seaford Meadows. Always up for a chat over a coffee, beer and/or bbq. Give us a shout if you need any info or help. Jan '13 seems a long way off but it'll soon be here. We moved out over 3 years ago now. Whhhhhooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did that time go???

Pete

Guest nic-manchester

We are coming to Christies beach in just under 4 weeks, and can't wait, we have temp rental for 3 weeks then finding so ethng more permanent, hopefully in noarlunga. Really excited about the move and can't wait to meet new friends, we are very sociable and the kids want new friends too. All packed up and stuff on it's way just cases to sort now. Anyone want to meet up we arrive on the 18 th nov

Nicola x

Guest Django
    We are coming to Christies beach in just under 4 weeks, and can't wait, we have temp rental for 3 weeks then finding so ethng more permanent, hopefully in noarlunga. Really excited about the move and can't wait to meet new friends, we are very sociable and the kids want new friends too. All packed up and stuff on it's way just cases to sort now. Anyone want to meet up we arrive on the 18 th nov

Nicola x

How old are the kids??? Ours range from 10 down to 2. Give us a yell when you are de-jetlagged (is this a new term?? :biglaugh:) and we'll spark the barbie up. Always nice meeting people just arriving with news of the old place topside. :wink:

Hi April,

We too are hoping to get out there early next year. My husband is also a wall and floor tiler and we have 1 son whose 11yrs old. I'm a nurse. We would love to make friends before we go as its starting to get quite a scarey thought, leaving all we know and love. is Will self employed? Martyn is here but not too sure what he'll do out there.

Bev

Guest nic-manchester
    How old are the kids??? Ours range from 10 down to 2. Give us a yell when you are de-jetlagged (is this a new term?? :biglaugh:) and we'll spark the barbie up. Always nice meeting people just arriving with news of the old place topside. :wink:

Hi Django thanks for that we will defo contact you when we have 'de-jet lagged' we have two girls aged three an half and a six year old, can't wait to meet new people thanks for invite.

Nicola, Nathan Olivia and bella