Guest jlr248

Shipping unopened food stuff?

Guest jlr248

Hi all, Does anyone know if you are allowed to ship unopened food such as bottles of HP, Ketchup and Mayo (just one or two to keep the kids happy in the ealy days). Also unopened dry goods such as pasta and rice as I have some new 3kilo bags.

Guest Mitchell

The recommendations from my shipping co was don't take any food items even if they're allowed as you increase the rest of them going through you stuff. Btw you can get Heinz ketchup here.

I'd not bother with ketchup personally. There are some good ones once there. And you can find decent mayo in some stores. If you really want to bring a squeezy bottle or two in your luggage then fair enough, but I'd not go overboard. Honestly, you'll find alternatives soon enough.

I'd make a bit of a game of it once you are there and buy a few small bottles of different brands and get the kids to do a taste test while you BBQ. Rather than relying on stuff from the UK, embrace the new stuff and give it a whirl. I reckon the kids will enjoy trying out the new stuff.

I am not sure its worth risking it shipping pasta and rice. I'd give it to a friend if its unopened. Buy some once you arrive.

I am sure there are other threads around where ketchup and mayo are discussed. I know plenty of people have mentioned being able to get Hellmans mayo and other things.

I would'nt personally,could be trouble with customs,and besides,that'll be the least of your worries when you get here.Far bigger things to sort out.

Guest loopylisa

I didnt think you were allowed to put stuff in shipping crates but you are allowed to in luggage. But as other have said I wouldn't bother. You can get heinz from the major supermarkets- saw it in either coles or wollies cant remember which,

u can get ketchup and HP here, foods better here dont worry u just need to find the right places to get and the right brands, may tak ea few months but i now prefer the food here

If in doubt email Australian customs that's what we did as we wanted to fetch green tea and nescafe cappuccino to keep us going in the early days. We were allowed but it was unto the custom officer on the day. Also declare everything that is food even dried stuff.

Lisa